Author Topic: Website gallery  (Read 3329 times)

Jonathan Stuart

• Administrator
Website gallery
« on: 02 Jun 2015, 16:41 »
The Gallery is currently broken after a software upgrade yesterday. I am trying to fix it but I don't yet know the cause of the issue. While attempting to fix the Gallery the whole site will be unavailable from time to time, for which I apologise but it is unavoidable. If the site doesn't work then this will be the reason so try again a few minutes later.

I had been delaying upgrading the Gallery because it has always been problematic (and now I wished I'd left it a little longer). So I'm also thinking about alternative options for photo sharing. If the current Gallery won't work then I can either use another gallery package that's built-in to the website or we could have a group on, say, Flickr. The former will be fully integrated with this site and won't require a separate logon for uploading photos but the latter, while not having those benefits, should be less problematic and presumably offer more functionality.

Does anyone have any preferences if we do need to replace the current gallery? If the consensus is to use an external photo sharing website then does anyone have any strong views as to whether Flickr should be used or if there is a better system?

BTW, if we do have to replace the current gallery then all the current photos are "safe" and I can upload them to a new gallery.
Jonathan

Ex - BayCruiser 26 #11 "Bagpuss"
Ex - BayRaider Expedition #3 "Mallory"

Julian Swindell

Re: Website gallery
« Reply #1 on: 02 Jun 2015, 20:45 »
I use Fliker quite a lot and generally it is quite good. Far better than Picasa and other Google photo systems, which seem to change all the time and force you to use other associated programs, whether you want to or not.
Julian Swindell
BayCruiser 20 Daisy Grace
http://jegsboat.wordpress.com/
Guillemot building blog
https://jegsguillemot.wordpress.com/