Author Topic: Milford Haven 20-23 April  (Read 4456 times)

Tim Riley

Milford Haven 20-23 April
« on: 24 Jan 2017, 14:47 »
Another unorganised meet with the aim of exploring the Milford Haven waterway from sea to where the water is too shallow somewhere near Haverfordwest. Suitable for those equipped to live aboard as no suitable campsites to base ourselves and will also give the opportunity to have nights in different locations.

The idea would be to probably launch at Lawrenny on the Thursday then  head up river on the Friday with a return to Lawrenny or Neyland Marina to meet up with anyone arriving later. Then over the next two days explore the inlets downstream with a night at Dale or Milford Marina depending on the weather.

The haven has plenty of good facilities for us (pubs with pontoons) so living off the land should not be too difficult. The scenery and water conditions will be extremely varied from the upper navigable reaches of the river to the industrial installations of gas and oil. A good knowledge of Colregs essential and vhf essential!

Numbers would be helpful but apart from launching fees nothing else to book at this stage.

See you in Pembrokeshire
Tim Riley
BRe Ristie II
Ovni 39 Acheron

jonno

Re: Milford Haven 20-23 April
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jan 2017, 17:11 »
Sounds good to me Tim. Thanks. Count me in please.

John

Graham W

• Global Moderator
  • Demigod
« Reply #2 on: 24 Jan 2017, 22:35 »
Well done Tim - I'm in.
Graham
Gunter-rigged GRP BR20 #59 Turaco III

Rob Johnstone

« Reply #3 on: 25 Jan 2017, 16:44 »
Please sir, can Vagabond come too?
Rob J
Matt Newland designed but self built 15ft one off - "Lockdown". Ex BC23 #10 "Vagabond" and BC 23 # 54 "Riff Raff"

Rory C

« Reply #4 on: 26 Jan 2017, 10:17 »
Please put me down though I'm only a 50% chance at this moment. Had some great sailing out of Dale summer before last.
Rory.

Matthew P

« Reply #5 on: 28 Jan 2017, 11:11 »
Milford Haven is a magical and varied place to sail with quiet remote creeks at one end and massive oil carrier port at the other.  I wish I could come but my granddaughters christening precludes.

Matthew
Gladys
BR20
"Hilda", CLC Northeast[er], home build, epoxy ply, balanced lug
Previously "Tarika", BR17, yard built, epoxy-ply, gunter rigged
and "Gladys" BR20, GRP, gunter

Graham W

• Global Moderator
  • Demigod
« Reply #6 on: 28 Jan 2017, 12:16 »
Having enthusiastically signed on, I now have to sign off, unenthusiastically.  I've been told that I've got to go to a wedding that weekend and there's no getting out of it.
Graham
Gunter-rigged GRP BR20 #59 Turaco III

Tim Riley

« Reply #7 on: 19 Feb 2017, 06:59 »
Yes vagabond all welcome, we will send you on ahead to clear the way through the tankers however you must make sure your bar is well stocked as the rest of the fleet will probably expect to be entertained in your stateroom. Will be back in touch on my return from cycling round the South Island of New Zealand. I had thought that putting my self through this torture to please Mrs R might lead to more sailing trips together but that side of the deal seems to be getting more watered down every  time it is mentioned. Ah well, anyone want the spare berth in Ristie?
Good place for campervans though! Or is that thread closed?
Tim
BRe Ristie II
Ovni 39 Acheron

Rob Johnstone

« Reply #8 on: 23 Mar 2017, 16:57 »
Hi Tim,

I'm not going to be able to get to Milford Haven after all. I need to go to a seminar in London on 21st.....
I'm sure you'll all have a brilliant time, without the bar in Vagabond (chance would be a fine thing).
Rob J
Matt Newland designed but self built 15ft one off - "Lockdown". Ex BC23 #10 "Vagabond" and BC 23 # 54 "Riff Raff"

Rory C

« Reply #9 on: 30 Mar 2017, 18:30 »
Hi Tim,
Sorry I can't get down for that either. Hope you have a great time.
Rory