Author Topic: Seafair Haven  (Read 4394 times)

garethrow

Seafair Haven
« on: 29 Oct 2015, 19:19 »
Seafair are now publishing details, as attached, of next year's event with a 10% discount for booking this year. I have attended for 4 of the 5 events. On the plus side it is a superb bit if water to sail on and you quite often get to see / sail alongside a variety of older / traditional craft. On the negative side - they appear to have the knack of choosing dates with lousy weather (apart from the last one - which I didn't attend!!) and the organisation sometimes leave a little to be desired.

Regards

Gareth Rowlads
Gwennol Teifi S17

BobT

Re: Seafair Haven
« Reply #1 on: 14 Feb 2016, 22:17 »
Gareth (and others),

Just starting to look for accommodation, self catering or B&B for 2, can anyone advise on good value places?

Regards,
Bob
Bob
BRe "Escape"

garethrow

« Reply #2 on: 15 Feb 2016, 17:20 »
Bob

4 years ago we stayed in the well equipped community hostel which we found to be pretty god for £15 a night per person self catering. It is close to the village shop and not too far from where the boats are moored. I can't comment on what it is like now. I think there is a link to it or a phone number on the Seafair site, alternatively search Lawrenny hostel and it should come up.

This year we are using the camp site as we now have Henry our campervan.

Regards

Gareth
Gwennol Teifi S17

garethrow

« Reply #3 on: 15 Feb 2016, 17:25 »
As an after thought Bob - I should perhaps state the obvious that it is hostel standard accommodation, not holiday self catering cottage standard. If the latter is more to your taste I am sure the Pembs TIC service would give you a long list of units in the area.

Gareth

BobT

« Reply #4 on: 15 Feb 2016, 20:39 »
Gareth,
Many thanks for the info we will investigate and hopefully catch up with you at Seafair Haven if not before, are you doing Ullswater?
Regards,
Bob
Bob
BRe "Escape"

BobT

« Reply #5 on: 19 Jun 2016, 16:52 »
Link below should take you to our photos of the week. I have posted the lot so apologies for those that are less than good.  Feel free to download any for personal use.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/135236367@N06/uvovw9

Great to meet all who attended and hope to see you again.
Bob
BRe "Escape"