Author Topic: Ullswater 2016  (Read 23023 times)

Matthew P

Re: Ullswater 2016
« Reply #45 on: 10 May 2016, 04:11 »
Hello Bob, I will arrive Friday afternoon at about the same time as you. Last year most of us met for a meal on Fri evening at the Travellers Rest Patterdale. This is within walking distance of GRSC and also Gillside Farm where many of us camped.

We look forward to meeting  you.

Matthew
"Hilda", CLC Northeast[er], home build, epoxy ply, balanced lug
Previously "Tarika", BR17, yard built, epoxy-ply, gunter rigged
and "Gladys" BR20, GRP, gunter

BobT

« Reply #46 on: 10 May 2016, 17:35 »
Thanks Matthew look forward to meeting the group or should it be flock of Swallows on Fri. Weather still looking good!
Bob
Bob
BRe "Escape"

James Lowden

« Reply #47 on: 11 May 2016, 09:48 »
Hi all,
Late entry here.
Finally got the act in gear to organise our trip, so will hopefully be joining up on Friday pm.
Campervan into Gillside booked, just waiting for a reply from Glenridding Activity Centre.
Looking forward to meeting up with the 'flock' and cruising around Ullswater.

Jim & Lin
Jim L
BR17 'Tarika'

Graham W

• Global Moderator
  • Demigod
« Reply #48 on: 11 May 2016, 13:07 »
According to Google, the collective noun for Swallows is a flight or (I don't know why) a gulp.
Graham
Gunter-rigged GRP BR20 #59 Turaco III

Matthew P

« Reply #49 on: 11 May 2016, 14:14 »
According to Google, the collective noun for Swallows is a flight or (I don't know why) a gulp.

Since transforming from Swallow Boats to Swallowy-achts I suppose we must be a "gulp".  Better drink to that - see you in the Travellers Rest, Patterdale, Friday evening.

Cheers

Matthew

James Lowden

« Reply #50 on: 11 May 2016, 17:12 »
I'm fully in favour of the 'Gulp' see you in the Travellers Rest.
Jim L
BR17 'Tarika'

Matthew P

« Reply #51 on: 13 May 2016, 08:57 »
The weather looks good, we have 7 boats so far and its not too late for more to join us.

Matthew
BR20 Gladys

Graham W

• Global Moderator
  • Demigod
« Reply #52 on: 17 May 2016, 17:49 »
I only managed to stay at Ullswater for a day before having to go home to look for a missing dog.  She was eventually found after four days, looking none the worse for her adventure.

Here are my few photos from day 1, when there was actually some wind.  I understand that this wasn't the case on day 2. https://www.flickr.com/gp/80529710@N07/1PX9E3
Graham
Gunter-rigged GRP BR20 #59 Turaco III

James Lowden

« Reply #53 on: 19 May 2016, 18:48 »
Thanks all for the organisation. We had a really great time. Sunshine, wind(2nd day perhaps not enough but hey its never perfect) and great company. Thanks to Mathew for being the responsible(nearly) adult and being the focal point. We took another day off on Monday and travelled to Ambleside & Grasmere. Thank you to TomTom for taking us on the cut across that missed out Windermere. That road was amazing, though I wouldn't like to take a caravan or boat across there, those narrow windy roads with stone walls either side were mildly terrifying as it was.
Finally got my photos organised. Still have to unpack!!!!!

https://www.flickr.com/gp/133991948@N05/L1Yy9b
Jim L
BR17 'Tarika'

BobT

« Reply #54 on: 20 May 2016, 17:11 »
Kim and I had a great weekend sailing in good company. Our photos are at the following link:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/135236367@N06/Euu632

We stayed on after the weekend and had some good walking in the Ullswater area and another sail in a good wind where we were on jib and double reefed main for most of the day. We got to just short of Ullswater Sailing Club before turning for home and stopped for lunch at the same place as the Sunday stop.

Our thanks to Matthew for making it happen and to Graham for the provision of a critical spare part and to all the others there for being so welcoming.  I hope we can "gulp" together again.
Cheers
Bob & Kim

Bob
BRe "Escape"

John Perry

« Reply #55 on: 23 May 2016, 19:05 »
Excellent weekend! Adele and I really enjoyed it and Glenridding Sailing Centre is such a gem. I have updated Moireach's blog; http://moireach.perryweb.me.uk and there are some pictures included. Where on Flickr should I put higher quality and more pictures?

Cheers for now, John.
John,
Bay Raider Expedition 030, "Moireach"

John Perry

« Reply #56 on: 14 Jun 2016, 09:40 »
Some pictures from our weekend at Ullswater…
John,
Bay Raider Expedition 030, "Moireach"