Author Topic: Website Upgrade  (Read 2551 times)

Jonathan Stuart

• Administrator
Website Upgrade
« on: 31 Mar 2018, 22:48 »
I've made some updates to the website tonight. I hope these will fix an issue that prevented Matthew from creating a calendar event for the Ullswater meet but of course it may have caused some issues too. If anyone spots anything that's broken then please let me know - post the details to this topic. The gallery still isn't fixed, sorry.
Jonathan

Ex - BayCruiser 26 #11 "Bagpuss"
Ex - BayRaider Expedition #3 "Mallory"

Matthew P

Re: Website Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: 01 Apr 2018, 19:57 »
Thanks Jonathan! Despite my limited IT skills I have now been able to create an event for the Lake District meeting in August and even added pictures to the Ullswater blog.

We all appreciate your effort, skill and time to manage the forum, despite the intimidating complexity and foibles of Wordpress.

Matthew
Gladys BR20
"Hilda", CLC Northeast[er], home build, epoxy ply, balanced lug
Previously "Tarika", BR17, yard built, epoxy-ply, gunter rigged
and "Gladys" BR20, GRP, gunter

garethrow

« Reply #2 on: 02 Apr 2018, 12:32 »
Jonathon

Many thanks for the tweaks you have made to the website. Whether it is coincidence or not, I am not sure - but this is the first time I have been able to log on successfully for a few months now. Previous attempts have been met, firstly with a warning message about the site not being secure, and secondly when I ignore this and proceed anyway - it opens with a bewildering screen all about wordpress settings - leading to me hastily abandoning any further attempts at communicating! Today's logon met with the same security warning - but persevering rewarded me with 'normal' screen allowing me to contribute.

Regards

Gareth Rowlands
Gwennol Teifi S17

Jonathan Stuart

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 02 Apr 2018, 22:41 »
Phew, that's good to hear, thank you!

If you see a screen of Wordpress settings when you login then please let me know - message me or reply to this post. That is Wordpress's standard behaviour at logon and I have changed this so that you should see the Association home page after logon (and logoff). But after an upgrade this change can be lost...and sometimes Wordpress upgrades automatically and without me knowing. When this happens it is a quick job for me to fix this.
Jonathan

Ex - BayCruiser 26 #11 "Bagpuss"
Ex - BayRaider Expedition #3 "Mallory"

Woodlark

« Reply #4 on: 04 Apr 2018, 07:45 »
I had exactly the same problem as garethrow and couldn't post. But now all is well, thanks,
Ron :)
Ron Wood
ronwood@sky.com