Author Topic: Library Article  (Read 2863 times)

BobT

Library Article
« on: 02 Sep 2018, 08:43 »
Mainly directed at Jonathan. Last time I wrote an article you did not get a notification to review it so just in case there is the same issue I have written another article!
As an aside many thanks for your work to keep this site running.
Cheers
Bob
Bob
BRe "Escape"

BobT

Re: Library Article
« Reply #1 on: 04 Nov 2018, 10:24 »
Hi Jonathan,
I still have a library article pending titled "loan Swallow" I think you need to clear it?
Cheers,
Bob
Bob
BRe "Escape"

Jonathan Stuart

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 06 Nov 2018, 08:07 »
Bob,

Sorry for the delay and I have now approved this article. Once again I didn't receive the notification and I haven't been on the site for a while so hadn't seen this.

Jonathan
Jonathan

Ex - BayCruiser 26 #11 "Bagpuss"
Ex - BayRaider Expedition #3 "Mallory"

BobT

« Reply #3 on: 06 Nov 2018, 08:24 »
Thanks for approving, I just hope it provides some amusement for others!
Bob
BRe "Escape"

Andy Dingle

« Reply #4 on: 12 Nov 2018, 12:59 »

Bob. Thanks for the interesting library article.

It caught my eye as I too sail over to Blakeney, (Brancaster, Wells, Thornham etc). I used to sail direct across the Wash from Gibralter Point where Equinox was on a drying mooring- tidal limitations pushed me a bit further north to the Grimsby Cleethorpes Yacht Club (gcyc.co.uk) where I have 24 hour any tide access to the sea.
We still sail down to the north Norfolk coast though - a stunning area that in my opinion is sadly not appreciated enough. Ideal for just about all Swallow Yachts to explore with plenty of safe sailing area's.

Last year I was sent details of the Cley Harbour Regatta which looks really good fun. (The channel down to Cley has been dredged and widened), for those interested in sail and oar it should be a must in the years sailing calendar. A light hearted but challenging 'race' from Cley through to Blakeney.

I've attached last year's flyer for info and would be well worth considering if they hold it again this year..