Author Topic: Owners listings  (Read 3782 times)

Lara

Owners listings
« on: 19 Nov 2018, 10:53 »
Hello everybody

I hope you've all had a fab season!  We are only just really packing up now as the good weather has lasted well into the autumn..... although test sailing continues for hardy souls upon request throughout the winter.... brrrrr!!

I wanted to ask about the possibility of getting a list of owners together (UK and beyond!) who would be amenable to showing their boats to people potentially interested in a Swallow.  It wouldn't mean huge amounts for you to do, but we do get people interested from time to time who can't come to our place here in west Wales and it would be really nice to be able to put them in touch with an owner instead.  I would always talk to the enquirer first to establish the level of interest so as not to waste anyone's time. 

If anyone is able to help then that would be great, drop me a line at lara@swallowyachts.com

Many thanks in advance

Lara

PeterDT

Re: Owners listings
« Reply #1 on: 27 Nov 2018, 18:52 »
Hi Lara,
No problem. You can keep me on the list.
Score so far: two interested parties had a look at my boat, resulting in two  new built sales. I guess two bottles of wine are waiting for me in your yard ;).

BR
Peter (Netherlands)

mark1

« Reply #2 on: 30 Nov 2018, 17:00 »
I was assuming there was some sweetener for giving up time to do swallow marketing for free, at least some swallow branded clothing....

Andy Dingle

« Reply #3 on: 30 Nov 2018, 21:11 »

I've been letting quite a few chaps have ad hoc trial sails on Equinox for a couple of years now -  it's not a big deal as being a bit of a tart, she sells herself..! (We are based in Grimsby after all!)

But it is very fair to say that Matt et al over there at HQ have been generous in their thanks .. Hic!

Andy and Equinox (Baycruiser 23)

Peter Cockerton

« Reply #4 on: 02 Dec 2018, 11:56 »
Hi Lara

No problem to keep me on the list, even though my BR20 Joybells is now 10 years old I still can't rig and launch her without attracting some "tyre kickers" and the occasional serious interested parties. Your Rutland Waters satellite dealership is still open but a little staff festive inducement of the alcoholic kind wouldn't go amiss.

Peter and Joybells
Bayraider 20 mk2
Larger jib set on bowsprit with AeroLuff spar
USA rig
Carbon Fibre main boom with sail stack pack
Epropulsion Spirit Plus Outboard

Tony

« Reply #5 on: 03 Dec 2018, 18:40 »
If anyone is mad enough to want a Cardigan Bay Lugger when they could have a BrEx for only a few (thousand) quid more they are welcome to look me up at Carsington SC. She was last seen in public at SeaFair Milford Haven 2018, sailing the estuary and river - and moored a short stagger from the Lawrenny Arms each night. 

Tony

« Reply #6 on: 05 Dec 2018, 20:05 »
Three people have already asked me if "Four Sisters" is for sale! Just to clarify my previous post, no she isn't, but you're welcome to look -(but not touch!)  Apart from any other consideration my four daughters would be quite annoyed if I put "their" boat up for sale....and when they're annoyed they can make life, er....shall we say, "difficult"?

Rock Doctor

« Reply #7 on: 04 Jan 2019, 10:17 »
Hello Lara,
I would be pleased to have "Gryphon" on the list. However they found out I have had a few interested lookers over the time I have had her, one even crewed for me in the Swan River Retro Yacht Series until his boat was built. Now he proceeds to beat me although he has a substantially lighter (than GRP) epoxy ply version built in Tasmania. FYI there are now three BR20s here in Western Australia.

I will send my details to you via e-mail.

Regards from Western Australia, a mild 25 deg C here today!
Chris Robinson
BR20 "Gryphon"

Al Beckhelling

« Reply #8 on: 05 Jan 2019, 10:51 »
Happy to assist where able.
To confirm, BC23 Liberty Belle is stored at Calshot, Southampton.
Rgds
Al

MarkDarley

« Reply #9 on: 26 Feb 2019, 01:21 »
Lara,
Happy to help when in Devon from mid April to September, but as far as I know you don't want to build another wooden Bayraider!
However if you have a customer who wants to commission one, they are welcome for a test sail on Pippin.
Mark
Mark Darley,
Wooden Swallow Bayraider 20 "Pippin" and Baycruiser 23, “Foxwhelp” in UK
GRP Swallow Bayraider 20 "Kelpie" in Northern California. Yes, I am a bit of a Swallow believer!

Carol Lawson

« Reply #10 on: 01 Mar 2019, 00:26 »
Hi!
Alistair is willing and able for interested parties to have a tour of Iris (BC26) in Torquay!
Sorry not to have replied sooner!
BC26-003 Iris