Author Topic: Insurance for my new Bayraider  (Read 21755 times)

Andy Dingle

Insurance for my new Bayraider
« on: 09 Aug 2008, 14:38 »
I'm lucky enough to be collecting my new Bayraider from Matt on the 20th August, I wonder if any of the current Bayraider owners (or indeed any Swallow Boats owners) can suggest who might give the best insurance cover and at the best price? Be grateful to anyone who can assist. Thanks!

Paul Cross

Re: Insurance for my new Bayraider
« Reply #1 on: 09 Aug 2008, 14:52 »
You lucky lucky man.......

I have used Noblemarine for a variety of boats and found them to be quite competitive on price. Whilst I've never had to claim, i do know people who have and they were impressed.

They even have the Bayraider listed on the website for instant online cover (so someone here has probably used them)

http://www.noblemarine.co.uk/dinghyinsurance.php3

I have also used Craftinsure who were competitive with fairly mainstream boats (lASER) but seemed rather pricy when quoting for our Storm 15.

https://www.craftinsure.net/member/purchase.asp?pp=1&PaymentInterval=True

Good luck and enjoy the day.

Paul

Andy Dingle

« Reply #2 on: 10 Aug 2008, 16:31 »
Thanks Paul - I have gone on to Noble Marine website and am now waiting for them to give me a quote.

Andy

Richard Cooper

« Reply #3 on: 10 Aug 2008, 16:55 »
Andy,
Having migrated from a Drascombe Coaster to a Storm 17, I've stayed with Aston Scott, who run the Drascombe scheme, and they seem to be competitive.

Enjoy the Bayraider.

Richard

Guy Briselden

« Reply #4 on: 10 Aug 2008, 22:25 »
That will be me who used Noble for Bayraider No.3. I have just received my renewal notice and they are asking for £206 for the coming year (I think it was £199 last year). That is for a total value of just over £15K including trailer and 4hp outboard and I think it is pretty good value. It includes up to 30 days of cover for use in the rest of Europe. I fortunately haven't managed to bump into anything too solid or pointy and haven't had it nicked so can't comment on what they are like if you have to claim!

Julian Swindell

« Reply #5 on: 12 Aug 2008, 20:50 »
Cannot comment on a Bayraider, but I have been insured for several years with Haven Knox Johnson and have just had to make my first claim for a stolen outboard. They have paid up without any problem within two weeks and have actually paid me 20 pounds more than I claimed as they said the second hand value of the engine was higher than I thought! So I am pleased with them. Not so pleased to have my engine nicked.
Julian Swindell
BayCruiser 20 Daisy Grace
http://jegsboat.wordpress.com/
Guillemot building blog
https://jegsguillemot.wordpress.com/

Jeff Curtis

« Reply #6 on: 14 Aug 2008, 12:20 »
I tried Aston Scott a couple of years ago as I had my Drascombe insured with them but they were not interested in non-Drascombes. Perhaps they now take other craft. Went to Cheers Insurance who have put me with AXA for £146.77 for just under £16K of cover. A good price but I'm a bit nervous about how AXA would respond to a claim. Ought for nought as they say.

Jeff Curtis
'Spark'
Bayraider No. 4

Andy Dingle

« Reply #7 on: 18 Aug 2008, 21:58 »
Thanks to all for your input.
Have had quotes ranging from over £250 to the cheapest at £104 with £200 excess, elected this one with £100 excess the premium being £123. This was from Nautical Insurance Services Ltd, arranged through Newton Crum.

Leaving tomorrow for Cardigan to meet my long awaited Bayraider!

Will post some bits on here to let you all know how I get on with her.

Hope to meet up with some of you and your boats soon.

Cheers, Andy

Tony

« Reply #8 on: 02 Sep 2008, 14:26 »
Bit late, I expect but, if, like me, you are just slightly over 50 (ahem!) you'll find Saga Boat Insurance take some beating. The guys (assessors?) you speak to on the phone know about Swallowboats, too. Good price for sailing abroad and no hassle.

David

« Reply #9 on: 02 Sep 2008, 20:34 »
Bit late, I expect but, if, like me, you are just slightly over 50 (ahem!) you'll find Saga Boat Insurance take some beating. The guys (assessors?) you speak to on the phone know about Swallowboats, too. Good price for sailing abroad and and no hassle.

My new BayRaider Crofter which I recieved yesterday I insured with Saga for £18.700 at premium of £191.65 with £45.00 excess.

David