Author Topic: Shipyard School Raid 2008  (Read 15156 times)

Craic

Shipyard School Raid 2008
« on: 08 Sep 2008, 04:54 »
There are hundreds of magnificent photos from this years SSR in Canada at http://www.flickr.com/photos/28410690@N02 .
- Watch out for the BayRaider. 

What a great sea area and scenery for a serious raid! Good company too. Surely rivals Scotland.

Tony

Re: Shipyard School Raid 2008
« Reply #1 on: 08 Sep 2008, 13:21 »
Hi, Claus.
I agree. Looks like a great spot...and good to see the BayRaider building even more of an internatuional reputation.

Just one thing.
Why do all the good spots for a raid have to be in COLD water! I m just back from the annual Ionian run and I cant get WARM! ....and as for the rain... Matt told me the CBL would float on a wet lawn. Little did I know I d be putting it to the test.

Still. Mustnt grumble, ay?
ust heading off on a run down the high street to fetch some milk from the Co-op.

Have to short tack back up again unless I use the outboard.... Too late! One of my Greek mates has just popped round for a chat.

Cheers. From Tony the Whinger

Craic

« Reply #2 on: 09 Sep 2008, 09:01 »
... Just one thing.
Why do all the good spots for a raid have to be in COLD water! ...

Tony, no reason. We actually had a great raid in the warm waters of the Venice Lagoon at the Velalonga Raid in June. Absolutely superb. It's a free world, one can today pick raids in all sorts of different locations, water depths and temperatures.

Tony

« Reply #3 on: 15 Sep 2008, 11:22 »
Hi, Claus.

Tony

« Reply #4 on: 15 Sep 2008, 11:36 »
Hi, Claus.

Yes. I must look into the Velalonga Raid. Sheltered water, stunning location .. and I bet the food is pretty good, too. What more could one ask? Determined to get a few more trips that under my belt. Have had the Four Sisters for 3 seasons now and have clocked up well over 10,000 miles (on the trailer) and need to do more before either the wheel bearings, my 7-year-old Subaru or my heart pacemaker batteries give out! (I'm on my second set of tyres already - which is annoying. Have you had problems with uneven wear?)