Author Topic: Contributing to the web site  (Read 57035 times)

Jonathan Stuart

• Administrator
Re: Contributing to the web site
« Reply #45 on: 26 Feb 2017, 19:18 »
Ian,

I still haven't had time to fix the gallery - sorry. But all the gallery images are backed-up on Flickr and I've created an album to hold them all. You should be able to view this via the following link:

https://flic.kr/s/aHskRJ6fuJ

Sorry that the album contains all 930 photos and the content's not properly organised in sub-albums yet but at this this gives you access to the old gallery images.
Jonathan

Ex - BayCruiser 26 #11 "Bagpuss"
Ex - BayRaider Expedition #3 "Mallory"

IanEagland

« Reply #46 on: 28 Feb 2017, 09:03 »
Hi Jonathon

Many thanks. Just what I hoped for.
Regards

Ian (BR20 Rum Hart)

BobT

« Reply #47 on: 05 Aug 2017, 17:35 »
Jonathan,
I've tried to post something in the library about our Coniston trip. I'm not sure if I have done it right and it just awaiting approval or its got lost somewhere can you advise?
Cheers
Bob
Bob
BRe "Escape"

Mike Clegg

« Reply #48 on: 05 Jul 2018, 20:41 »
Hello Jonathan

We are the new owners of Samba (BC26 006).

Congratulations on an excellent site and will look forward to contributing where appropriate!

Tried to update the Boat Register, but as Samba is already there, (previous owner entry), I am being told duplicates not allowed.

Any thoughts please?

Regards

Mike

Michael Rogers

« Reply #49 on: 11 Aug 2018, 14:15 »
I'm not sure if this is the right place for my observation/query. I have just noticed that the number-of-posts 'counter' appears to be stuck (for some of us at least), and has apparently been for some time. Was that intentional?

It matters not at all, and the fact that my total has stuck on 666 has nothing to do with anything, as I am completely non-superstitious! But I just wondered, along the lines of 'if we have it, could it function? Otherwise why have it at all?'.

Michael R

Rob Johnstone

« Reply #50 on: 12 Aug 2018, 21:29 »
Michael your post was number 667. So it seems to have become magically unstuck. O  err.....
Rob J
Matt Newland designed but self built 15ft one off - "Lockdown". Ex BC23 #10 "Vagabond" and BC 23 # 54 "Riff Raff"

Michael Rogers

« Reply #51 on: 14 Aug 2018, 16:41 »
Thank you, Rob. What a coincidence!
M R

Ray S

« Reply #52 on: 01 Jun 2020, 13:23 »
Hi Jonathan,
I've just submitted an article on the Epropulsion Spirit Plus XS for the library which apart from the associated pdf files and images seems to have gone into a black hole. So I assume its just waiting for your approval. Any changes or recommendations please let me know. Many thanks

Ray S BRe 047 Whimbrel

Jonathan Stuart

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: 01 Jun 2020, 17:44 »
Hi Ray,

Yes, this was just waiting for approval and I have now done that. The article is available in the Library.

I don't seem to receive emails anymore advising me when articles need appoval, so please post here if approval is needed and I will sort it out.

By the way, is your's the BRe kept at Redcliffe or are you elsewhere in Poole harbour?

Thanks,

Jonathan
Jonathan

Ray S

« Reply #54 on: 01 Jun 2020, 22:35 »
Hi Jonathan,

Many thanks for posting the article in the library. Yes, our BRe is moored up Redclyffe YC,  just a short row up from the club house.  I know you posted  an article some time ago when you went up there in the BRe you had at that time; I found it very interesting to get your different visitor's perspective!

Cheers
Ray

Ray S

« Reply #55 on: 11 Jun 2020, 13:37 »
Hi Jonathan,

I've submitted an update to the library article on the Epropulsion Spirit - so could you check it out and hopefully release it?

Many thanks
Ray S BRe 047 Whimbrel

Jonathan Stuart

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: 11 Jun 2020, 18:33 »
Hi Ray,

Sorry, once again I hadn't received an email letting me know this approval was needed. I have approved your update. Would you please check that you can now see your changes?

I have just upgraded the plugin that manages the approval process for these updates so hopefully that will improve the process. At some stage I also want to look at security permissions but on this site that is more complex than a normal Wordpress site and I need toremind myself of what we did and why! I don't see why someone who has created a page shouldn't then edit it without needing approval so I will see if we can configure that.

Thanks,

Jonathan
Jonathan

Ray S

« Reply #57 on: 12 Jun 2020, 09:35 »
Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for approving the update which looks fine.  As you say, it would be handy to be able to make updates occasionally without having to disturb you each time.

Thanks also for all your work managing the site. 

Ray

Jonathan Stuart

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: 12 Jun 2020, 10:52 »
No problem and don't worry about disturbing me - it's a quick job to approve these updates and it reminds me to change the website security.

Jonathan
Jonathan

Ray S

« Reply #59 on: 12 Jun 2020, 13:54 »
Sorry, one more update to the Eprop library report after an error was pointed out.
Thanks
Ray