Author Topic: What's that knot called?  (Read 22132 times)

Michael Rogers

Re: What's that knot called?
« Reply #30 on: 08 Nov 2014, 22:15 »
Sorry, Andy. You're right, Tony and I were miles offside, but accidentally. So scrum down, your put in.

It's what you're used to, really. Each to his own. You've obviously had lots of practice/experience, I haven't. As a beginner, I find getting the interlocking overhands of Hunter's bend (named, I believe, after someone called Hunter, ho hum) a bit trickier than what Tony calls (flatteringly but mistakenly) the Rogersian method for the Zeppelin. The pundits suggest that Hunter's may jam if put under heavy load.

I'm off to watch rugby - or is that proscribed as well?

Michael

Tony

« Reply #31 on: 09 Nov 2014, 19:50 »
Andy.
Wouldn't call the Zep a fancy knot, exactly, but posh enough for any Swallow Boat.
Apologies for offending against your idea of forum protocol - unintentional (didn't think anyone gave a tuppenny damn!) and brought on by a lack of boat-related conversation. My CBL is still being tinkered with at Home Base and everyone else (with a few notable exceptions) has packed up for the season.
Just to cheer you up, Forest actually won on Saturday! Go on. 'Ave a shufti ! You know you want to !
Www.nottinghamforest.co.uk

Michael.
The rugby was nearly as depressing as being boat-free!

Andy Dingle

« Reply #32 on: 09 Nov 2014, 20:48 »

Huh..!

Your right about the lack of boaty stuff..  that's why I had the sudden urge to throw a few bangers into the bonfire... Not just this post but two others, in one day.
I did think of doing something about my new boat but thought that would just be too boring.. Maybe I will when I get back..

Anyway, I've gone all dynema now- or whatever it's called. No need for knots, fancy or otherwise. But, truth to tell, I still quietly yearn for just a simple bowline at times..  just one, a very small one, would be nice...

What're they doing with 'Four Sister' over at HQ? Been there a while - they have built my boat and it's been exhibited and now sailing in the time they've had yours.. Pray tell?

Confession. I did watch Crystal Palace losing to Sunderland in a bar in New York last week.. which was a bizarre experience. I was in the bar, not the match ..