Author Topic: Rutland 2015  (Read 5733 times)

Peter Cockerton

Rutland 2015
« on: 20 Aug 2014, 21:37 »
Can't let an opportunity for a pleasant get together go by so I'm floating the idea of the 3rd Annual Rutland weekend meeting. It looks like May is a bit full now, is April to early or should we push it out until June or later ?. I'm definitely going to Morbihan so weekend before and after out for me.

Let me have your choice of dates and we can get something sorted.

Peter Cockerton
Bayraider 20 mk2
Larger jib set on bowsprit with AeroLuff spar
USA rig
Carbon Fibre main boom with sail stack pack
Epropulsion Spirit Plus Outboard

Matthew P

Re: Rutland 2015
« Reply #1 on: 21 Aug 2014, 11:55 »
I enjoyed the Rutland event this year.  Any weekend in April next year is good for me.

Matthew
BR20 Gladys
"Hilda", CLC Northeast[er], home build, epoxy ply, balanced lug
Previously "Tarika", BR17, yard built, epoxy-ply, gunter rigged
and "Gladys" BR20, GRP, gunter

John Perry

« Reply #2 on: 23 Oct 2014, 15:58 »
I _may_ be on my way back from Devon to Moray with the Bay Raider. So there is a small possibility I could plan for the weekend in Rutland on the 25/26th. Could be light on a crew... but if this happens, I will seriously think about joining you.
John,
Bay Raider Expedition 030, "Moireach"

Reg Barker

« Reply #3 on: 14 Dec 2014, 21:05 »
Have we got a definite date for Rutland in April or will it be July? As  May and June seemed to be filling up with events. I look forward to hearing from somebody.
BRe #11 Alice Amy

Peter Cockerton

« Reply #4 on: 18 Dec 2014, 09:45 »
Reg, John, Mathew

With so many events this year it's getting difficult to find a slot. Will try and get something organised towards the end of the year. Myself and Andy D sail most weeks at Rutland so feel free to drop us a PM and we can get together for a sail and a pie and pint after.

Peter Cockerton
Bayraider 20 mk2
Larger jib set on bowsprit with AeroLuff spar
USA rig
Carbon Fibre main boom with sail stack pack
Epropulsion Spirit Plus Outboard

Anthony Huggett

« Reply #5 on: 30 Jan 2015, 21:50 »
We'd be up for Rutland (it's about half an hour's drive) in BR17 "Emily". I would say we would be doubtful to be ready for April but definitely ready for later in the year.

Matthew P

« Reply #6 on: 15 Feb 2015, 18:45 »
Although not an "organised" event I've penciled 25th/26th April into my diary to sail at Rutland and maybe be able to enjoy a pie and pint after with Peter, Andy, Reg, John if they or anyone else happens to be around.

Matthew
BR20 Gladys

Anthony Huggett

« Reply #7 on: 23 Mar 2015, 12:14 »
I'm pencilling in 25th/26th for a first (ever) sail of Emily (kit built BR17), and Rutland is really convenient.

I wouldn't want to commit to a formal event because nothing has been tested, but it would be good to meet up.

Matthew, which slipway would you suggest?

Matthew P

« Reply #8 on: 23 Mar 2015, 17:06 »
Hi Anthony

I regret that work may prevent me sailing at Rutland on 25th/26th April but there maybe others.  Peter?  Andy?

The facilities at Rutland Watersports Centre are good and the slipway launches into a sheltered bay with good pontoons suitable as a base for faffing with new kit, although it can be busy with dinghies and canoes. 

Address is:

Rutland Watersports
off Bull Brigg Lane
Whitwell
Oakham
LE15 8BL
Telephone:
+44 (0)1780 460154
Fax:
+44 (0)1780 460154

General Rutland information is at http://www.anglianwater.co.uk/leisure/water-parks/rutland/

Good luck with Emily.  Gladys looks forward to sailing with her at future SB events - which are of course mostly informally organised (some say NOT organised), and especially friendly towards new boats.  How about Ullswater on 13th/14th June for instance?

Matthew
BR20 Gladys

Andy Dingle

« Reply #9 on: 24 Mar 2015, 10:14 »
Matthew, et al..

I'm moving back to my home (sea) sailing waters this weekend from Rutland - I only winter over at Rutland to get in some sailing through the bleak winter months, so regretfully I won't be there either - but if there is anyone going over that I can blag a ride as crew from then I would be happy to turn up..?
Incidentally, had a cracking day out there yesterday - trial sail on Peter C's new (to him) Bayraider 17 - now, having two Bayraiders is just plain greedy - don't you agree?! A very useful little boat though I thought ..

Andy
Baycruiser 23 No.25 'Equinox'