Swallow Yachts Forum > Home Builders' Area

It's very quiet

<< < (3/3)

Anthony Huggett:
I will post launch pictures, but we are launching at our local marina on the Great Ouse. We are not going to attempt to sail - just oars and outboard to take our guests for a jolly (and I can always use the oars to reach for any planks that fall off).

First sail should be Rutland in 2 weeks' time, when we've got time to iron out any wrinkles on our own.

So is Emily the last ever BR17 kit? She and Nona Me (Steve) were kits 2 and 1 in that order, I think.

steve jones:
Well done Anthony,  you won't regret it , may see you in Falmouth, and you can see how they age with rough treatment.

I'm currently doing up an old MK1 Cornish Crabber24 1976, so that's your next trial.

Steve

Ken Goodman:
Hi Anthony I bought my BR 17 25th July 2011 and after many disasters and delays, I'm still building and working to a finish one day. At this point I would say I'm 3/4 of the way there.
Ann (my partner) and I have attended both Weymouth and Bala last year and will be at Falmouth this year, asking questions and taking photos of BR's, to get as many ideas as possible.
Looking forward to your post on your initial launch
Ken Goodman
M.T. Wallet

Anthony Huggett:
Love the name, Ken. I hope your eventual launch goes as well as mine (see new post). Loads of friends, a beautiful day, and a good time had by all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version