Author Topic: Race-winning spruce oars and galvanized oarlocks for sale  (Read 3646 times)

Graham W

• Global Moderator
  • Demigod
As used on my BR20 to almost win Sail Caledonia in 2012 and to win outright in 2013 - see the photo of them in action below.  Only used on two raids so still in very good condition.  They fit along the BR20 cockpit sole, blades forward.

Made for me by Collars in 2012, to a pattern allegedly also used in the 2010 film 'Robin Hood' starring Russell Crowe! 

Specifications:
- Spruce
- Long thin blade, copper-tipped for protection
- Hollow loom
- Round at the button (leathered and stitched)
- Square inboard and covered in lead sheet to help the balance

The 11ft oars are for use on the BR20 forward rowing position and originally cost £460 for the pair.
The 12ft oars are for amidships and cost me £475.

Also available 2 pairs of galvanized oarlocks to fit the wider buttons of these oars, which cost £39 per pair.  2.5" with 0.5" pins.

I have changed to Xcell carbon racing oars, so these are now surplus to requirements and taking up space.  Any reasonable offer considered, including selling the pairs separately.  If interested, contact me by pm on this site or (less reliably) by email on graham dot wickenden at btopenworld dot com.
Graham
Gunter-rigged GRP BR20 #59 Turaco III

Graham W

• Global Moderator
  • Demigod
I would consider £150 per pair, including oarlocks, for these.  Make me an offer ahead of the sail & oar raid season - and get ahead!
Graham

Graham W

• Global Moderator
  • Demigod
Each pair listed separately on eBay from Monday 8th June.

Likewise most of the other items that I listed on the forum (eg the Suzuki outboard) that have not sold.
Graham

Graham W

• Global Moderator
  • Demigod
Most of the stuff on eBay has been sold.  Only three items remain from the original listing - the 11ft oars and anti-torque cable will be relisted in about a week at a new lower price and the Water Buster submersible pump has already been relisted.

New items appearing on eBay on 25th will also include Garmin GPSMAP 8-pin transducers, one with water speed, one without (don't ask).

Graham

Graham W

• Global Moderator
  • Demigod
Sold
Graham

David Hudson

My car has paddles and Amy E has a paddle. I do like Lidl!
David H.
BRe No. 35
“Amy Eleanor” (and the dangerous brothers)