Swallow Yachts Forum > Home Builders' Area

Not a Swallowboat, but still a nice one

<< < (3/5) > >>

Edwin Davies 2:
Not sure this still applies but I had some really big bamboo poles from a carpet firm.  Around 10 foot long and over 1 inch diameter.

Julian Swindell:
Haven't got any bamboo yet, but this is the site that I think Jamie Clay used for the spars on the boat at Beale Park
https://www.ukbamboo.com
My workshop has quickly reverted to unswept tip. I've got to get the new dinghy right way up by Wednesday week as that is when I am planning to bring Daisy G home for the winter. I can halve the length of the building frame with the boat the right way up, and I hope that will allow all to fit into the shed.The only problem is that I have to fit in a flying visit to Woodstock for an unexpected family wedding before then. That's THE Woodstock, in upstate New  York. Not the Oxfordshire one just down the road. How did I ever find time to fit in work?

Steve Joyce:
Looks very nice too Julian. Look forward to seeing her completed.

Here is my new boat which has been keeping me busy this year (also not a SwallowYacht). 
My wife will go on this one whereas she won't touch my Storm 15 - Robin with a barge pole.  At least this has a barge pole for her not to touch it with.

regards
Steve Joyce
Storm 15 - Robin
& NB Fred Bingham

Julian Swindell:
She's upright! I'm really very pleased. I have also just about got enough wriggle room to get Daisy Grace in now as I have cut off half the building frame.

Julian Swindell:
She's coming on, but painting seems to take for ever. I have just ordered the sail from Cormorant saisl, for delivery in December. Still to start on the mast and spars.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version