Author Topic: How many horses?  (Read 10384 times)

Andy Dingle

Re: How many horses?
« Reply #15 on: 17 Jun 2015, 15:52 »
I tow with an audi A4 allroad quattro, absolutely no problem at all with my Baycruiser 23, and it returns about 40 mpg (maybe a tad under) on a steady run which is pretty good I think. Maybe I am just about at the top end of towing weight for this vehicle, bearing in mind the 80 percent rule.
Julian, my neighbour has a Yeti, and like you we live in a hilly area - where four wheel drive is essential in the winter, and they have no problem at all in the snow and icy roads that never, ever see a snow plough or gritter - though the council were kind enough to put a box containing salt/grit about a mile away, but you have to use your own shovel and barrow!

Andy

Anthony Huggett

« Reply #16 on: 18 Jun 2015, 12:20 »
Though I did tow Emily's kit from Swallow Boats' factory on a snowy day in 2010, I cannot recommend rear wheel drive if there is snow on the road.

However, I find snow on the ground is a strong indication that I don't want to be going sailing!

maxr

« Reply #17 on: 18 Jun 2015, 14:31 »
I just found out how cheap a Dacia Duster 4 x 4 is - even a diesel one. As a Scotsman, I'm culturally obliged to investigate this. Has anyone driven one?