Author Topic: Swallow Yachts Raid 2017  (Read 10688 times)

Lara

Swallow Yachts Raid 2017
« on: 07 Nov 2016, 10:15 »
Hello All

The 2017 Raid will be 2nd - 6th July out of Mylor Yacht Harbour.

The plan is to launch on 2nd, sailing 3rd - 5th and recovery/departure on 6th.

We have Castaways arranged for breakfast and evening catering, packed lunches are hand and we are just waiting on Watersport to confirm that they can accommodate us for camping.  Watersport is obviously ideal and we like to be able to offer that option to people but there are plenty of sites in the area for those with motorhomes or who wish to camp.

Let me know by email to admin@swallowyachts.com if you would like your name down - for now just name and hoped-for number of crew and what boat you've got. 

Many thanks and looking forward to a great few days of sailing with you all!

charliea

Re: Swallow Yachts Raid 2017
« Reply #1 on: 07 Nov 2016, 16:59 »
Hi Lara

Do you know if there are any Swallow Raids or get-togethers planned to coincide with the school holidays?

Charlie

Carol Lawson

« Reply #2 on: 08 Nov 2016, 20:54 »
Or weekends?
BC26-003 Iris

Graham W

• Global Moderator
  • Demigod
« Reply #3 on: 08 Nov 2016, 21:25 »
I'm sure that there will be get-togethers next summer on Lake Bala and probably in the Lake District too.

Also, Sail Caledonia (which is not exclusively for Swallows but sometimes feels like it) takes place during the summer half term.  See http://www.sailcaledonia.org
Graham
Gunter-rigged GRP BR20 #59 Turaco III

Helen and Chris

« Reply #4 on: 05 Feb 2017, 21:14 »
Booking forms are now being sent out, so if you would like to join us please let me know at events@swallowyachts.com

Hope to see you all in Falmouth,

Helen

Helen and Chris

« Reply #5 on: 07 Apr 2017, 21:36 »
Places on this year's Swallow Yachts Raid in Falmouth are booking up fast, so if you would like to join us, especially if you are thinking of camping, don't delay...

If you would like a flavour of what is in store there are links to lots of pictures of last year's event in the thread 'Swallow Yachts Raid 2016'.

Hope to see you all in Falmouth in July,

Helen

Helen and Chris

« Reply #6 on: 17 May 2017, 10:50 »
Invoices will be going out for Raid entrants at the end of this week, so if you are still thinking of joining us now would be a good time to email events@swallowyachts.com!

So far, we have 20 boats coming so there are just a few spaces remaining.  I've attached a list of the current entrants...

Geoff Probert

« Reply #7 on: 20 May 2017, 16:52 »
The English Raid (http://www.raidengland.org) is in the school holidays (replying to Charliea's query).
Geoff

Peter Taylor

« Reply #8 on: 06 Jul 2017, 17:34 »
Just back from a fantastic few days at Mylor. Many thanks to Lara, Helen, Nick, and everyone else who were involved in organising the Raid. A photo below, many more photos to come!
Peter
Peter Taylor
BayCruiser 20 "Seatern" (009)
http://www.seatern.uk

Graham W

• Global Moderator
  • Demigod
« Reply #9 on: 07 Jul 2017, 06:55 »
Just back from a fantastic few days at Mylor. Many thanks to Lara, Helen, Nick, and everyone else who were involved in organising the Raid.

+1 and thanks for your RIB help too.  What a great photo - I doubt that there's ever been one including so many Swallows at the same time.
Graham
Gunter-rigged GRP BR20 #59 Turaco III

Rob Johnstone

« Reply #10 on: 07 Jul 2017, 21:35 »
May I add my thanks to all for making the recent escapade in Mylor so enjoyable. I was touched and embarrassed about my "prize" but would observe that you won't get rid of me that easily. I will return!
I tokk zillions of photographs but, like my sailing, they were  all rubbish - bar one - see attached. Nick is (I think) doing something with a bowsprit
Rob J
Matt Newland designed but self built 15ft one off - "Lockdown". Ex BC23 #10 "Vagabond" and BC 23 # 54 "Riff Raff"

Colin Lawson

« Reply #11 on: 08 Jul 2017, 13:55 »
Yes - my thanks also to everyone involved in organising Mylor 2017.  A great few days sailing with added rowing, what more could we want.

See you all next year,

Colin (Spray)
Colin 
BR20 'Spray' based Mylor, Falmouth

Saxisgood

« Reply #12 on: 11 Jul 2017, 10:18 »
The first raid for myself and Marina but absolutely loved it, the organisation, the facilities, weather, catering, beers on the pontoon and most of all great people.  Looking forward to the next one already and hopefully will know what we are doing next time :-D.

.......oh nearly forgot and some great sailing in the lovely BayRaider Expedition 'Hardytoo'

Thanks again to everyone involved in making it happen

Anyone fancies a sail in the Solent let me know

Colin & Marina
Gosport

Peter Taylor

« Reply #13 on: 11 Jul 2017, 16:55 »
My photographs of the Raid can now be viewed at http://seatern.uk/2017-swallow-yachts-raid/ . This year I haven't sorted out photos of each boat so you will have to hunt for photos of your boat (sorry... yacht) amongst the various photo sets.  I hope I got at least a few photos of everyone's yacht, for some yacht's there will be lots... it was all determined by where the rib had to be for that part of the race.  So if your yacht missed out, sorry, blame Matt - he was driving!

Peter
Peter Taylor
BayCruiser 20 "Seatern" (009)
http://www.seatern.uk

BobT

« Reply #14 on: 11 Jul 2017, 17:58 »
Peter,

I don't see any of my BRe  :o ... mind you I was only there in spirit!!!  Great set of photos, gives some real atmosphere to what people have been saying about this year's event and I'm really jealous we didn't make it. Do we have a date for next years  ;D

Regards to all,
Bob
Bob
BRe "Escape"