Author Topic: Yachting Monthly review of BC26  (Read 3005 times)

Graham W

• Global Moderator
  • Demigod
Yachting Monthly review of BC26
« on: 17 Nov 2016, 11:38 »
The November 2016 edition of Yachting Monthly has a comprehensive (6 page) review of the BC26, with a full page picture of it on the front cover.  They are very complimentary about it, calling it "a fantastically versatile small cruiser". They are particularly impressed by the amount of interior space for its size.  And they get the design philosophy of being able to trail to new sailing grounds in relatively short order, instead of having to undertake gruelling passages to get there.

They highly recommend it for creek crawling and coastal port-hopping, less for offshore passage-making.  Unsurprisingly, they don't recommend it for trade wind voyaging or high-latitude adventure!
Graham
Gunter-rigged GRP BR20 #59 Turaco III

Tony

Re: Yachting Monthly review of BC26
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jan 2017, 16:15 »
Hi, Graham.

Only just spotted your post about the BC 26 review in YM.

Quote:  "Unsurprisingly, they don't recommend it for trade wind voyaging or high-latitude adventure!"

Ah! But maybe Matt has something up his sleeve when the time is right.
The image attached was something I found on the old Swallow Boats website. (It was right at the bottom of the last page, only discovered when I fell asleep with my nose on the space bar one night.)
It's caption is "Swallow Boats 42 " so presumably drawn before the BayCruisers emerged into the light of day.
When Camelot finally come good with my promised multi million pound lottery win (I must say they're taking their time about it) I might commission one.
When I asked Matt about it at Falmouth he changed the subject by capsizing!

(OK, I made the last bit up....)