Author Topic: Sail In Company Teifi Estuary and Ceredigion Coast  (Read 2541 times)

garethrow

In August there is a relatively rare occurrence of reasonable sized day time summer tides which would lend themselves to Dayboat sailing in company. This is not a proposal for another Teifi Rally, rather it is an invitation to join me and one or two other local boats for a few days day-sailng, based at the Teifi Boating Club. Temporary membership of the club would be required - which costs £5 / day for a maximum of 14 days - with forms and details on their website. No doubt we could arrange to met in a local Tavern for evening refreshments if required.

Those of you who have been here before may recall that conditions can be challenging, and there will be no safety boat accompanying us - so an engine really is a necessity. My proposal is that we start the none-rally with a trip up river on Saturday the 12th of August to visit the Cardigan River & food Festival - location of much good local food and drink. HW that day is around 11am and it is probable that other boats from the TBC will be making the trip. The following 4 or 5 days then have reasonable tides to make day sails to explore the outer estuary and coastline - with the tidal window allowing  round 5 to 6 hours on water. Each skipper would be responsible for their own safety etc - but I'd be happy to advise on local conditions if required.

So, anyone interested?

Regards

Gareth Rowlands
Gwennol Teifi S17

BobT

Re: Sail In Company Teifi Estuary and Ceredigion Coast
« Reply #1 on: 06 May 2017, 07:53 »
Gareth,

As discussed elsewhere Kim, I and Escape will be there. Accommodation booked.

Thanks in advance,
Bob
Bob
BRe "Escape"