Author Topic: Lee Cloth/Board For BR20  (Read 2416 times)

Peter Cockerton

Lee Cloth/Board For BR20
« on: 15 Jul 2017, 13:48 »
Had an idea to knock up a Lee board for my dog Maisie, she is quite happy to come sailing as long as I keep the boat fairly flat. Her normal preference is to "kip down" on the starboard side seating just in front of the GRP cockpit infill.

A cloth would be difficult to support so I’m thinking along the lines of a board which will slot into the teak moldings which run along the sides of the seating.

Just basically gives her something to push her feet against when on her side so she will feel more secure and less likely to slip of the seating.

As my boat is not at home can anyone measure the teak moldings for me, The board will probably need to be 30" long and 10" high so not sure if that will be across one molding or part of two, planning to slot the long edge of the board into moldings so I need the distances of the gaps and the thickness of the center section so I can shape the bottom edge of the board. Also what thickness of board will fit "snugly" in the gap of the molding and the GRP probably 3/8th I reckon?

Other ideas most welcome and thanks to anyone in advance if they can do this for me.

Peter

Bayraider 20 mk2
Larger jib set on bowsprit with AeroLuff spar
USA rig
Carbon Fibre main boom with sail stack pack
Epropulsion Spirit Plus Outboard