Author Topic: Swallow Yachts Raid 2017  (Read 10029 times)

Ape Ears

Re: Swallow Yachts Raid 2017
« Reply #15 on: 12 Jul 2017, 10:43 »
Peter,

Thank you for the Craic in photographs (sic-pun intended). The picture of the Swallows collective Gulp at the mouth of the Fal estuary as we had a bite to eat at lunchtime evokes many happy memories.

Thank you also for your help in the rib along with Matt, Lara, Helen, Nick, Castaways and all the organisers for a fantastic event enjoyed by all the participants.

Kind regards,
Andrew
Andrew
SeaRaider No1 'Craic'
BayRaider Expedition No123 'Apus' (Swift)

SteveWD

« Reply #16 on: 13 Jul 2017, 10:40 »
There are some photos of the 2017 Mylor Raid at:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u8qsc7mbmmcp7vg/AADr1MgRY9IOsXEK4uc0ekbaa?dl=0

Download for personal use. Not to be used for commercial purposes.

Steve

Peter Taylor

« Reply #17 on: 14 Jul 2017, 07:34 »
Steve, your photos provide a different perspective on the Raid - I'm intrigued, from where were they taken?!
Peter
Peter Taylor
BayCruiser 20 "Seatern" (009)
http://www.seatern.uk

SteveWD

« Reply #18 on: 14 Jul 2017, 09:14 »
We didn't have our boat at Mylor so they were taken from the land at Trelissick House, Pendennis Point Car Park and from the Truro trip boat that went through the Wednesday start line. Sadly, I didn't have my long lens with me then.

Trailing to the event and rigging is so much easier without a boat but you do rather loose out on the water.

MarkDarley

« Reply #19 on: 17 Jul 2017, 19:40 »
I wanted to thank the entire community for your hospitality at Mylor, and especially Graham of Turaco and Ray and Jill Scragg of Whimbrell who took me on board as crew ("galley slave" in Graham's case!).

The boats are impressive but I must say that a very compelling reason to sail a Swallow is the community.

Thank you all, and especially to Lara for connecting me to the community and making it possible for me to join you all.

It is very possible you will see me in a Swallow at your Raid in 2018 (or before) in my own Swallow.

Cheers
Mark
Mark Darley,
Wooden Swallow Bayraider 20 "Pippin" and Baycruiser 23, “Foxwhelp” in UK
GRP Swallow Bayraider 20 "Kelpie" in Northern California. Yes, I am a bit of a Swallow believer!

Debbie Todd

« Reply #20 on: 18 Jul 2017, 20:31 »
I wholeheartedly agree, this year's Mylor Raid was a wonderful event and brilliantly organised by Helen, Chris, Lara and Nick.
We all had a great time, despite my rather undignified face first dive onto the beach on Tuesday.
Most of my photos are on the Swallow Yachts Facebook page but I will add my favourite.
Many thanks to everyone, see you next year.
Debbie (Bre 33 Hirondelle)