Author Topic: Seafair Haven 2018  (Read 2666 times)

Seafair Haven

Seafair Haven 2018
« on: 19 Feb 2018, 11:04 »
Hi, I'm the volunteer working on Seafair Haven event again this year. I reviewed the 2016 attendees and there were 11 Swallow boats and seems to me to be an unofficial rally!
We have had interest this year from Visit Wales (tourism agency) to invest in revenue aspects of the event, which is exciting. This could give us a chance to change the event to being free, or at least to include more reward/ experiences for the participants.  I won't know until end of March, even if we don't get the money we are still aiming hard to make sure showers etc are better this year.  Most people have been happy with what we've done increasingly since 2014, to make the provision for participants better and make sure we make access to the larger classic vessels accessible to community groups. A brief update is on the website homepage www.seafairhaven.org.uk.
Sorry for the long story.... the point is at this stage I have ten days to put the proposal forward and if you are thinking of coming this year it would be very helpful to us to get registrations in before I submit that and I can be clearer on numbers.  I've also emailed Swallow Yachts to see whether Matt Newland or someone from there might be interested to come along this year, at least for a party one evening or similar.
Looking forward to seeing Swallow sailors again this year!
Alexandra

BobT

Re: Seafair Haven 2018
« Reply #1 on: 20 Feb 2018, 16:41 »
 :) I'm already signed up. We thoroughly enjoyed 2016 though as then we are booking a self catering place not too far away from Lawrenny.
A couple of pics attached from 2016 to wet your appetites. The first was at the Cresselly Arms and the second was sailing up there. John Craven was aboard the junk rigged vessel.
Bob
BRe "Escape"

Tony

Re: Seafair Haven 2018
« Reply #2 on: 24 Feb 2018, 00:34 »
Had to miss the Semaine du Golfe so there was no way I was missing this!
Signed up for camping/sleeping on board - if the OGA concert party allows any sleep this year - and for regular attendance at the Doghouse (Lawrenny Arms) for tea and sympathy. Also craft beers and steak pie.
For pictures of previous events see my Sailing-in-circles.blogspot.co.uk  (Which reminds me. Must put some new stuff on there. I'm getting lazy in my old age.)