Author Topic: Dimensions/Sail plan areas for each sail on BREx  (Read 2525 times)

Sea Simon

My searches have not turned up the info I need, and the current SW gales and incessant rain are not encouraging me to get my tape out, and my carefully winter-dry sails out on the sodden lawn!

Q: Can anyone please let me know the sizes (area in M2 would probably be enough for now) of each of the standard sails for the BRe?
I can only find that upwind sail area totals 17.7m2.
And that the current (V2?) BRe assymetric is 13.92 M2.

I have a standard jib (not self tacking - never have had one, so guess I won't miss that "luxury", perhaps rather like i was non-the-wiser to heated seats and cruise control  but couldn't live without both nowadays?)

Thanks for any help.

BRe # 52 - "Two Sisters"  2016. Plank sprit, conventional jib. Asym spinn. Coppercoat. Honda 5. SOLD Nov 2022....
...From Oct 22.
BC 26 #1001. "Two Sisters 2", 2013. Alloy spars, Bermudan Sloop; fixed twin spade rudders, Beta diesel saildrive. Lift keel with lead bulb. Coppercoat. Cornwall UK.

Sea Simon

Re: Dimensions/Sail plan areas for each sail on BREx
« Reply #1 on: 12 Dec 2018, 07:57 »
I've managed to glean the following:

Standard Hyde "conventional jib" roller furled - 4.2 m2
Hyde "Genoa", non-standard but available off-the-shelf - 5.25 m2

Still no figures for Mizzen nor Main.
BRe # 52 - "Two Sisters"  2016. Plank sprit, conventional jib. Asym spinn. Coppercoat. Honda 5. SOLD Nov 2022....
...From Oct 22.
BC 26 #1001. "Two Sisters 2", 2013. Alloy spars, Bermudan Sloop; fixed twin spade rudders, Beta diesel saildrive. Lift keel with lead bulb. Coppercoat. Cornwall UK.

Peter Taylor

« Reply #2 on: 12 Dec 2018, 16:20 »
Have you tried contacting Wooderz at Hyde with the serial number of the sails in question?

Btw, I didn't know that Bre's come with heated seats and cruise control these days!!!
Peter
Peter Taylor
BayCruiser 20 "Seatern" (009)
http://www.seatern.uk

Sea Simon

« Reply #3 on: 16 Dec 2018, 08:12 »
Yes, have been in contact with Wooderz about various sail-related things, and very helpful he has been too; the comparative jib v genoa details came from him.
But clearly he is a very busy man, and I don't want to wear out my welcome unnecessarily.

I will now measure my mizzen, and derive main area. That's doable indoors!

Home comforts on the Bre are greater than my Lugger, but I don't miss my heated seats when onboard ;)
...From Oct 22.