Swallow Yachts Forum > General Discussion

Fire at Swallow!!

(1/2) > >>

Lara:
Hello everyone

I'm really sad to let you all know that we have had a major fire here at Swallow.

The fire started last Thursday night and has destroyed one of our workshops where our prep/painting was done.  No boats were damaged, although some of the hulls that were due to go into production were affected and of course all of our major machinery was in the prep area.

https://www.tivysideadvertiser.co.uk/news/17667112.cardigan-business-vows-to-bounce-back-after-devastating-fire/

This obviously has an impact on our ability to produce our boats and has hit at one of our busiest times of year, and we are extremely grateful to our current customers for their kind understanding as we get our operation up and going again. 

We have an amazing team here though, who are working very hard to start to pull things back together as quickly as possible and continue as closely to our planned schedule as we can.

So, a very busy time here right now - I'll endeavour to get back to people as quickly as I can if you're in touch, but please bear with us for a bit. 

Arrangements for the Raid are unaffected, and we look forward to seeing many of you there at the end of next month!

Best wishes

Lara

Michael Rogers:
Hallo Lara (and Matt and All)

So VERY sorry to hear about the fire - what a horrid thing to happen. I'm sure all Swallowboaters/I-mean-yachters will join me in wishing the whole team at Swallow a speedy return to business-as-absolutely usual.
It was at least good - indeed the best in the circumstances - news that no-one was hurt.

We all wish Swallow Yachts very very well!
Michael Rogers

plasticpaddy:
I am so sorry to hear of the devasting fire. Glad everyone is safe.

Thomas Rahm:
Liebe Lara,  lieber Matt, liebes Team,
ich bin sehr traurig von eurem Schicksalsschlag zu hören.
Ich wünsche euch viel Mut und alles was man braucht um bald wieder zu starten.
Viele gute Wünsche aus Düsseldorf
Thomas

Ape Ears:
Translation of post above:

"Dear Lara, Matt, and Team,
  I am very sad to hear of the stroke of fate you have received.
  I wish you much courage and all that it takes to start up again soon.
  With Best Wishes from Dusseldorf.
  Thomas"

May I add my sentiments to the above.

Best Wishes,
Andrew

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version