Author Topic: BayRaider 20 for sale  (Read 10305 times)

Llafurio

BayRaider 20 for sale
« on: 08 Jun 2019, 18:27 »
2009 GRP, competition boat in various raids throughout Europe. 2014 braked UK trailer (SwB standard). 2.5 HP Suzuki. Overcomplete, good condition, ready to race. GBP 12,000.00 / € 13,500.00. Details upon request from claus dot riepe@googlemail.com.
Ex various Drascombes, ex SeaRaider (WE) #1 "Craic", ex BR20 (GRE) "Llafurio", ex BR20 (GRP) "Tipsy", currently BRE (modified for open sea passages) "Homer", Drascombe Drifter "27" and Drascombe Drifter No. 31 "Amity". Homeport: Rossdohan

Llafurio

Re: BayRaider 20 for sale in Ireland
« Reply #1 on: 01 Jul 2019, 09:43 »
Sale halted until end of July 2020. Reason is our intended participation in the "Glandore Classic" 2020 which was announced via email yesterday. The Glandore Classic 2020 will be a huge bash celebrating in particular the 300 year anniversary and racing tradition of the nearby Royal Cork Harbour Yacht Club.
We had raced my BRs in several previous Glandore Classics, so would like to return there one more time.
My BR will be back on the market after that event.
Ex various Drascombes, ex SeaRaider (WE) #1 "Craic", ex BR20 (GRE) "Llafurio", ex BR20 (GRP) "Tipsy", currently BRE (modified for open sea passages) "Homer", Drascombe Drifter "27" and Drascombe Drifter No. 31 "Amity". Homeport: Rossdohan

Llafurio

« Reply #2 on: 11 Jan 2020, 18:02 »
BR No. 35 "TIPSY"
GRP hull battleship grey, with rubbing strips. Deck / cockpit: cream. Antifouling: International VC Offshore, red. Engraved curved teak nameplate on transom.

Carbon main mast. Gunter yard on sliding track. Stronger and stiffer carbon Gunter yard. Gunter yard in mainsail luff pocket. Improved reefing system. Mainsail luff tensioner pulley, on track. Carbon mainsail boom with patent mainsail foot tensioning. Allen pin gooseneck. Lazy jacks. Ratchet mainsheet block. Dyneema shrouds.
Optional: Additional Bermudian mast with fat top mainsail and original wooden boom unused. (Surcharge)

Stronger and longer jib boom, fitted for flying additional asymmetric foresail. (asymmetric not included.) Jib with stronger luff wire. Bigger diameter stainless steel jib furling drum (important to avoid jamming furler in high winds). Pulley system for jib halyard tensioning / main mast stepping.

Mizzen: Stronger and stiffer mizzen mast. Reinforced no-twist mast socket. Allen hinge gooseneck for boom. Improved sheeting system.

Sprayhood: sand. Tekdek seating. Lowrance GPS cum fishfinder combo. Gel battery. Two rowing positions. Set of 10" oars. Boat cover: red.

Centreboard: Improved uphaul. downhaul. brass leading edge protector emulating original GRP profile. Underwater case turbulence and scooping deflector. Pivoting pin protection fitted.

Rudder: Hardwood sheaves to eliminate rudderblade play. Rudderblade leading heel impact protector. Telescopic tiller extension. Tiller brake.

Automatic one-way storage compartment drain valves. Automatic ballast tank airvent. two manual bailing pumps for sump. Additional and improved self bailers for sump / ballast tank. Bigger bungs for filling / emptying ballast tank.

2015 6 hp Tohatsu, 15 hrs.

German built quality galvanised unbraked trailer fitted for single-handed launching and recovery, or 2014 braked UK Snipe trailer (surcharge).

Anchor, fenders, ready to sail.

TIPSY was unused for 4 years as I held her in reserve while I sailed my first GRE BR 20 Llafurio.

TIPSY was built for the Enkhuizen Boat Show in the Netherlands. I am her first owner.

To be sold after Cork 300 / Glandore Classic in August 2020.

€ 14,000.00

Dolanb

« Reply #3 on: 12 Jan 2020, 00:11 »
Hi Llafurio,

I am very interested in your boat. I live in Wexford Ireland. I would like to go and see the boat as soon as possible. Please let me know when you might be available.

My phone number is +353 879290033 and my email address is barrycdolan@gmail.com

I look forward to hearing from you,

Kind Regards,
Barry Dolan

Llafurio

« Reply #4 on: 12 Jan 2020, 14:19 »
Hi Llafurio,

I am very interested in your boat. I live in Wexford Ireland. I would like to go and see the boat as soon as possible. Please let me know when you might be available. ...

Sorry, that'll not be before early May. The boat is in annual winter storage until our return to Kerry. The location is Derryquin, Sneem. C.

Llafurio

Re: BayRaider 20 for sale in Ireland - SOLD
« Reply #5 on: 14 Feb 2020, 18:41 »
Now sold. C.

Llafurio

« Reply #6 on: 04 Apr 2020, 16:35 »
Tipsy had been contractually sold in February, but in view of the uncertainties of the Corona epidemic we have agreed to call the sale off again.

So the boat is back on the market,
and because most of the sailing events of summer 2020 for which Tipsy was to be held back until August 2020 were cancelled, a inspection / collection / delivery date from May 2020 can be arranged, provided the current travel restrictions will be lifted by then.

I try to attach a photo of TIPSY,
and a photo of my BRe HOMER which I will keep.

C.

DonnachaQ

Re: BayRaider 20 for sale
« Reply #7 on: 10 Sep 2020, 14:52 »
Hi, I'm based in Galway and am interested in your BR20. I'm a novice sailor, is there anything you've done with your boat that makes it unsuitable as a family boat that will more often than not be single-handed, thanks, Donnacha

Llafurio

« Reply #8 on: 11 Sep 2020, 06:31 »
.... is there anything you've done with your boat that makes it unsuitable as a family boat that will more often than not be single-handed,...

No, on the contrary. Comprehensively improved for single handing. Come by, have a look. We are near Sneem. Boat is in storage in its own boathouse.

Alan Nolan

« Reply #9 on: 14 Sep 2020, 15:29 »
Hi, I would also like to view your BR20 if possible. I am living in Cork. My email is alannolan04@gmail.com and my mobile number is 0863675098 or 00 353 863675098 from UK.
Best regards,
Alan Nolan

DonnachaQ

« Reply #10 on: 22 Oct 2020, 21:55 »
Sorry for the delay replying and thanks for the offer to view your boat but after a lot of  thinking we have decided to order a new BR20 instead of buying used, you never know, maybe we'll bump into you on the water sometime

Llafurio

« Reply #11 on: 03 Mar 2021, 17:36 »
We cannot go to the Morbihan Week this year, and as it looks unlikely Glandore Classic will be held in 2021, I will sell BR20 TIPSY in 2021 as soon as the irish level 5 travel lockdown ends.
C.

Bryn Vaile

« Reply #12 on: 11 Jul 2021, 22:25 »
Hi Just checking any idea when you will putting it on the market?
best wishes
Bryn
44 7768902313

Llafurio

« Reply #13 on: 12 Jul 2021, 15:53 »
: Any time the right buyer comes to collect her, for the price offered.

BR 20 "Tipsy" is a fine boat, but I got used to exclusively sail my modified BRe "Homer" in these waters off the southwest coast of Ireland. Fast enough, and more comfy.
C.

Cappagh

« Reply #14 on: 04 Aug 2021, 09:28 »
Hello Claus,

Would like to view your Bay Raider 20, Tipsy, if she is still for sale please. Can travel to Sneem most days in the next week.

Thank you.
BR20 , ex Devon Lugger, ex Cape Cutter19.