Author Topic: BayRaider 20 for sale  (Read 10306 times)

Llafurio

Re: BayRaider 20 for sale
« Reply #15 on: 04 Aug 2021, 18:45 »
Hi Stephen,

"Tipsy" has manweeks and hundreds of €s of expert reinforcements and unusual improvements in it, so I am looking hard for the "right" buyer to have her: Younger than me (68), has owned and singlehandedly sailed Dinghies and bigger before, preferably Drascombes, no potterer but keen to get into competitive "raiding", and not kicking tires over a discount.

If you fit the profile, you are very welcome to come and visit, and I show you the boat. No guarantees from my side though, except from my assurance that I am perfectly happy with the boat, trailer and engine, as is.

CU next week, hopefully,
C.
Ex various Drascombes, ex SeaRaider (WE) #1 "Craic", ex BR20 (GRE) "Llafurio", ex BR20 (GRP) "Tipsy", currently BRE (modified for open sea passages) "Homer", Drascombe Drifter "27" and Drascombe Drifter No. 31 "Amity". Homeport: Rossdohan

Llafurio

Re: BayRaider 20 SOLD
« Reply #16 on: 07 Aug 2021, 17:37 »
TIPSY now sold. ????
To a good home. ????

Claus
Ex various Drascombes, ex SeaRaider (WE) #1 "Craic", ex BR20 (GRE) "Llafurio", ex BR20 (GRP) "Tipsy", currently BRE (modified for open sea passages) "Homer", Drascombe Drifter "27" and Drascombe Drifter No. 31 "Amity". Homeport: Rossdohan

Cappagh

Re: BayRaider 20 for sale
« Reply #17 on: 23 Aug 2021, 17:39 »
As the new owner of Tipsy I hope I can do her justice. May I just say that Claus has been a real gentleman to purchase a boat from.

On dry land he patiently demonstrated everything about the boat including his many wonderful modifications, both for safety and ease of use. On a separate day he spent the entire day sailing with me in the boat imparting a huge amount of tips, techniques and methods for launching, sailing and retrieving. His deep rooted knowledge of these boats is extremely impressive, all the more so with his obvious delight in sharing the knowledge.

I have been very lucky to have purchased the boat, and more so to have had such an enjoyable masterclass, from Claus.  Swallow boat owners are fortunate to have a man of this calibre in their sailing community and we are doubly fortunate to have him sailing from Kenmare in Ireland.

Stephen Foyle.
BR20 , ex Devon Lugger, ex Cape Cutter19.