Author Topic: BR20 Trial Sought  (Read 3595 times)

garethrow

BR20 Trial Sought
« on: 20 Aug 2019, 17:59 »
I am contemplating an upgrade from my current Storm 17 to a BR20 and wonder if there is anyone within sensible distance of West Wales with a BR 20 who would be willing to take me out for a sail at a mutually convenient time? I have tried out a BR17 and a BRE but would like to experience helming a BR20 if at all possible.

Regards

Gareth Rowlands
Gwennol Teifi S17

David Tallin

Re: BR20 Trial Sought
« Reply #1 on: 22 Aug 2019, 07:20 »
Gareth, Im afraid I don't have a 20 and am too far away from you anyway - but I would like to express a keen interest in your Storm 17 if you do upgrade. Regards, David (Suffolk)

plasticpaddy

« Reply #2 on: 22 Aug 2019, 15:13 »
Hi Gareth

If you are ever over in Ireland, I'm down in the south west and would be happy to give you a trial. I might even be tempted to part with her
Bayraider 20 "Meg"
Sailing the South West of Ireland

Llafurio

« Reply #3 on: 22 Aug 2019, 17:54 »
... and so would I.

Though transfer would not be before the Pasaia Maritime Festival 2020, and the Glandore Classic 2020. C.
Ex various Drascombes, ex SeaRaider (WE) #1 "Craic", ex BR20 (GRE) "Llafurio", ex BR20 (GRP) "Tipsy", currently BRE (modified for open sea passages) "Homer", Drascombe Drifter "27" and Drascombe Drifter No. 31 "Amity". Homeport: Rossdohan

garethrow

« Reply #4 on: 22 Aug 2019, 19:49 »
Thanks to Plastic Paddy for the offer. SW Ireland is a lovely place but a bit further than I want to travel for a trial sail at present. IF I decide to sell Gwennol Teifi I'll advertise her through the forum, but I have by no means made up my mind yet!

Regards

Gareth Rowlands
Gwennol Teifi S17

Matthew P

« Reply #5 on: 27 Aug 2019, 14:30 »
Hi Gareth,

I hope to be sailing my BR20, Gladys, at Bala this Saturday 31st August and your welcome to have a trial sail.  Gladys is due a minor refit after ten years adventures but I'm sure you will make allowances.

Matthew
BR20 GRP Gladys
"Hilda", CLC Northeast[er], home build, epoxy ply, balanced lug
Previously "Tarika", BR17, yard built, epoxy-ply, gunter rigged
and "Gladys" BR20, GRP, gunter

garethrow

« Reply #6 on: 27 Aug 2019, 18:00 »
That would be very kind Matthew thank you. I have sent you an email to arrange the details.

Regards

Gareth Rowlands
Gwennol Teifi S17

garethrow

« Reply #7 on: 27 Aug 2019, 19:19 »
Matthew

My email to you has bounced back so presume you must have changed it since we last corresponded. Would be very grateful for a sail at Bala on Saturday - just say where and when. We may camp overnight on the Friday.

Regards

Gareth Rowlands
Gwenno Teifi S17

Matthew P

« Reply #8 on: 28 Aug 2019, 09:24 »
Hi Gareth

I can meet you at Bala Sailing Club 11.00 am Saturday. 

In case anyone else is interested in joining us with or without their own boat, Bala Sailing Club has good facilities and day membership is/was £15/boat.

I'm sorry your email bounced Gareth, I changed my personal Yahoo email address some years ago after a nasty virus attack.  I've sent you a message on this forum messaging system with my new email and my mobile phone number.

Matthew
BR20 Gladys

"Hilda", CLC Northeast[er], home build, epoxy ply, balanced lug
Previously "Tarika", BR17, yard built, epoxy-ply, gunter rigged
and "Gladys" BR20, GRP, gunter