Author Topic: Cockpit Cushions, Sail Socks, Boat Covers  (Read 2371 times)

Peter Cockerton

Cockpit Cushions, Sail Socks, Boat Covers
« on: 03 Feb 2020, 15:49 »
Can’t recommend a lady called Lena Brett enough for making cushions, jib and mizzen socks for my new Bayraider 20. They were made from the same material as the spray hood and main sail stack pack. The interior of the cushions is made from marine grade foam. Patterns were taken from the complete seating area of my boat so Lena can make more without new measurements, the front of the cushions have loops of material with Velcro to attach the cushions to the wood rails so they can’t fly off, the rear of the cushions have Velcro strips to attach back cushions when I have them made.

The jib sock has two zips, one secures the sock below the clew of the sail and the other from the top of the sock down to the top of the clew opening so the sock can be fitted with the jib sheets still attached. A loop on the top of the sock is for securing a halyard to pull the sock up the raised jib if required.

I had already ordered my boat cover before being introduced to Lena otherwise my order would have gone to her.

Lena can be contacted by email at lenabrett22 at gmail.com

Peter C

I can now attach some pictures i took yesterday of the jib, mizzen sock and the cockpit cushions Lena made for me, as i said before Lena has the patterns from my boat (Bayraider 20) so no need to supply measurements for this boat, other designs can be made to order.

If you select the photo then double click on it, it will appear the right way up.

Bayraider 20 mk2
Larger jib set on bowsprit with AeroLuff spar
USA rig
Carbon Fibre main boom with sail stack pack
Epropulsion Spirit Plus Outboard

Peter Cockerton

Re: Cockpit Cushions, Sail Socks, Boat Covers
« Reply #1 on: 27 Mar 2020, 22:53 »
Images of Lena's work now attached to this post
Bayraider 20 mk2
Larger jib set on bowsprit with AeroLuff spar
USA rig