Author Topic: Swallow Yachts Producing Corona PPE - Please Support  (Read 2294 times)

Jonathan Stuart

• Administrator
Some owners will already have received an email from Lara at Swallow Yachts sharing news that they're producing face masks for NHS hospitals. Lara is asking us to support this effort and I think that's a great idea. Over the years, people have asked whether I wanted anything to cover the costs of running this site. I don't but instead please donate something to Swallow Yachts to help them produce face masks. Here's Lara's message.

You may have heard that we at Swallow Yachts have had to cease our normal boat building operations but we are still keen to help!  We have teamed up with another local business, Composites Cymru, to design and fabricate face guards for frontline workers.

This is on a voluntary basis, some of our furloughed staff kindly are returning to a new cell-unit-style production system in our as-yet empty new workshop (meaning they can work safely) and Swallow is purchasing the materials.  As I'm sure you appreciate, we are facing the same financial constraints as many other companies right now and can only afford to finance a certain number of masks, and so we are shouting out to our community of Swallow owners, hoping you might be able to help fund the cost of producing this vital equipment which could well be life saving.

A donation of £10 will fund the materials cost of 50 masks.  A donation of £50 will mean that we can make an additional 250 masks.  To give you an idea of scale, we are looking to produce 1,000 masks a day and hoping to be able to do this for as long as is needed! There is huge demand out there - the first batch of 350, made this morning, went to NHS hospitals, but we are also trying to supply care homes, supermarket staff and other essential workers.

I hope that you don't feel this email is intrusive, and I appreciate that people are facing their own challenges during this unprecedented time, but if you can help at all it would be so very much appreciated. 

Should we be fortunate enough to receive more in donations than we need to fulfil the high demand for face guards, we will donate any remaining funds to an NHS related charity (we haven't had a chance to look yet but we are sure there are plenty of places that donations would be extremely welcomed).

Please contact Lara to make a donation using a credit/debit card or to get account details to make a bank transfer. Call Lara on 01239 615482 or email lara@swallowyachts.com.

Attached are pictures of the face mask production.
Jonathan

Ex - BayCruiser 26 #11 "Bagpuss"
Ex - BayRaider Expedition #3 "Mallory"

Thomas Rahm

Re: Swallow Yachts Producing Corona PPE - Please Support
« Reply #1 on: 20 Apr 2020, 19:51 »
Hello Jonathan,
this is a very good idea! Help is really important and necessary.
Thanks to the Swallow team!
Thomas
Thomas R  BRE 084 "well done"

danishbc26

« Reply #2 on: 22 Apr 2020, 23:07 »
Thanks for the hint re face masks. Certainly worth supporting.
Christian Majgaard, Denmark.
Soon to own BC26 Daisy

sailonsailor

« Reply #3 on: 22 May 2020, 19:56 »
What a great idea!  maybe a gofundme would be easiest?
Baycruiser26 "Tell-tale Sign"
www.seasidetreasures.com