Author Topic: Karver top down furling system for sale SOLD  (Read 1941 times)

Graham W

• Global Moderator
  • Demigod
Karver top down furling system for sale SOLD
« on: 28 May 2020, 12:46 »
I've decided that in the absence of a decent solution to the furled bat wing problem on my BR20's asymmetric (see http://www.swallowyachtsassociation.org/smf/index.php/topic,1078.msg7453.html#msg7453) I'm not going to try to furl it any more and the Karver furling equipment for it is therefore for sale.  The problem with the gunter-rigged BR20 is that there is not enough separation at the top of the mast between the jib halyard and the spinnaker halyard, even with the latter on a halyard crane.  No such problem for any BR20, BRe or BC20 owner with a one piece mast, or for anyone with a BC23 upwards.

The equipment comprises:
Karver KSF1 continuous furler and top swivel
4.9m of 6mm continuous furler line (9.8m total) with two low friction rings on strops built on
A 5.1m 8mm anti-torsion line with Karver thimbles at each end

The furler can be used in top down mode for asymmetrics and in bottom up mode for code zeros, flying jibs and any other unusual foresail that takes your fancy.  It is rated for boats from 10 to 35ft long.

I reckon the whole lot probably cost me nearly £1,500 new but I would accept £750. I would also consider selling the anti-torsion line separately.  The system is lightweight and can be posted.  Photos below.

pm me if interested or (less reliably) email me on gwickenden at bluewin dot ch.
Graham
Gunter-rigged GRP BR20 #59 Turaco III

Graham W

• Global Moderator
  • Demigod
Graham
Gunter-rigged GRP BR20 #59 Turaco III