Author Topic: BayRaider Expedition "Sea Pig" for sale  (Read 2985 times)

charliea

BayRaider Expedition "Sea Pig" for sale
« on: 15 Nov 2020, 13:45 »
Very sad to say goodbye to Sea Pig but my wife and I have now bought a Starlight 39 with the intention of spending the next few years getting familiar with a bigger boat before going further afield when time allows.

BayRaider Expedition #53 from July 2016
Hull: Reseda Green RAL 6011
Deck and hull bottom: Cream
CLH braked trailer with swinging cradle and spare wheel
Tan sails (traditional jib with UV strip)
Hyde Asymetric
6HP Yamaha (F6CMHS)
6kg Lewmar Delta Anchor
5m 7mm chain spliced to 30m 10mm nylon Anchorplait
2 x 8m docklines (12mm white 3 strand)
2 x 10m docklines (12mm white 3 strand)
4 x Majoni star fenders
2 x flat fenders
Full cover for use when masts are down
2nd custom cover for use with main mast up

Sale includes two external fuel tanks, cockpit tent and sleeping boards, gas stove, lights board, wheel security boot and towing hitch lock for trailer. Pretty much everything you need to sail away.

I dropped Sea Pig off with Swallow Yachts yesterday so the details should be listed on their brokerage page soon.

http://swallowyachts.com/brokerage/

Contact Swallow Yachts for details.

charliea

Re: BayRaider Expedition "Sea Pig" for sale
« Reply #1 on: 27 Nov 2020, 11:08 »
Sea Pig now up on the Swallow brokerage page:

http://swallowyachts.com/brokerage/

charliea

« Reply #2 on: 30 Dec 2020, 16:16 »
Now sold.

Matthew P

« Reply #3 on: 30 Dec 2020, 17:51 »
Hi Charliea and family

We're sorry to say goodbye.  Best wishes and give a hail if you encounter a Swallow Boat on your Starlight 39 voyages.

Matthew
BR20 Gladys
"Hilda", CLC Northeast[er], home build, epoxy ply, balanced lug
Previously "Tarika", BR17, yard built, epoxy-ply, gunter rigged
and "Gladys" BR20, GRP, gunter

charliea

« Reply #4 on: 30 Dec 2020, 18:58 »
Thank you Matthew

Very sorry to say goodbye to Sea Pig, the 5 years we had her have been a great introduction to sailing for the whole family. Our little adventures and more ambitious summer holidays have convinced Ann and I that we will want to spend more time afloat as time goes on, so a bigger boat seems a logical move.

Look out for a Starlight 39 called Rhumb.

It's got two loos, which I have to remember to refer to as heads, but we're keeping the trusty orange bucket for old times sake. You can take the girl out of the BayRaider but you can't take the BayRaider out of the girl.

All the best.

Charlie, Ann, Rob and Eric

Sea Simon

« Reply #5 on: 31 Dec 2020, 09:17 »
Good luck on your new adventures Charlea.
Thanks for your input, and help (sheaves!) Here.

I hear those Starlights sail well?

There seems to be a large turn over of boats (caravans and camper vans too I'm told) in general, at the moment. I guess people are "re-grouping" in these new Covid times?

Looks like 2021 will be the second year we will be unable to get to, and enjoy "normally", (otherwise a long way to travel, and a lot of risk just to sit in the sun at the villa) our regular haunts in Greece. Meanwhile, I've not managed to either convince my wife that some of my pension lump sum would be better "invested" in a BC 23 (as several friends/family have "invested" in classic cars. My brothers 1986 911 is currently in MY garage; nearest I'll get to having one!), or obtain that elusive "affordable" deep water mooring for a boat like your Starlight!
BRe # 52 - "Two Sisters"  2016. Plank sprit, conventional jib. Asym spinn. Coppercoat. Honda 5. SOLD Nov 2022....
...From Oct 22.
BC 26 #1001. "Two Sisters 2", 2013. Alloy spars, Bermudan Sloop; fixed twin spade rudders, Beta diesel saildrive. Lift keel with lead bulb. Coppercoat. Cornwall UK.

Anyone can uk

« Reply #6 on: 31 Dec 2020, 17:06 »
Hi Charlie and family

I though I’d pop a note on here to say we’re the new smitten owners of Sea Pig and that she’s arrived safely in her new home on the shores of Windermere.

She’ll be doing double service as our coastal adventure boat and our teaching boat for our inclusive adventure company for people with disabilities. 

Her inaugural voyage will be tomorrow - spent today rigging her.

Cant wait

Chris, Leo and Vicky

charliea

« Reply #7 on: 31 Dec 2020, 17:30 »
Hurrah - I'm sure she'll continue to do sterling service producing happy days and memorable moments  :)

Good luck tomorrow, I'll PM you my number in case you have any questions.

Charlie