Author Topic: SOLD Bayraider Expedition  (Read 2115 times)

Geoff Keating

SOLD Bayraider Expedition
« on: 10 Aug 2021, 09:56 »
For sale, reluctantly!: “Svala”, BRE 28, 2014.  a lovely top-spec boat in very well maintained condition. I’m 84, and can’t quite sit out and go as I’ve always loved to – though I still sail her single-handed with the spi up in light airs! She hasn’t been out often or far enough this season, alas, and I'm doing no more than "dinghy-ing".

The boat was  Nick Peters’  demonstrator (see YT  “Sw Y Bayraider Expedition under Asymmetric Spinnaker” – my boat), sold to me in Feb 2016.

Svala has all the extras, including a Snipe trailer with lighting, never immersed, an excellent Yamaha 6, a full cover, GPS, D/S and auto bilge pump (on my muddy drying mooring I keep the Elvstroms closed). Many photos and videos available, as is a test sail, up to the end of September.

She lies in Fleet Bay on the Solway, near Gatehouse of Fleet, Castle Douglas. SW Scotland

Best offer over £20.000. Please contact - 07773 295449 or gmk.gof01@gmail.com

Corkbuoy

Re: Bayraider Expedition for sale
« Reply #1 on: 12 Aug 2021, 13:29 »
Hi Geoff ,

It is a travesty that you have to part with Svala. That’s a beautifully maintained boat- I’ve seen the photos and videos that you sent me. I was shocked to discover on enquiry that were I to purchase and import into the Republic of Ireland post- Brexit, I would face paying tax of 33%(23% vat + 10%) on the purchase price. My misfortune is an opportunity for someone else.

Best wishes