Swallow Yachts Forum > General Discussion

BayCruiser is go

(1/5) > >>

Julian Swindell:
After much thought and lots of counting on fingers I have taken the plunge and ordered a ply-epoxy BayCruiser from Matt. I visited him and his team in Cardigan last Friday, and after sailing in a BayRaider and wandering round the workshop decided this was the boat for me.

It means I shall have to sell my much loved Winkle Brig so if any of you want a delightful 16ft pocket gaffer let me know. In the mean time, I am going to try to record the whole development process on my web site, which you can follow at
http://www.jegsweb.co.uk/boats/baycruiser/

Any comments or advice would be gratefully received, and I will keep you posted.

Craic:
Julian,
congrats, some decision in the time of the credit crunch. Lovely looks, and certainly a lot more space and pep than with your current boat.

I did not like the project too much at first because I thought the cabin would be as cramped as in my old Drascombe Coaster. But with Matt raising the freeboard vs. the open BayRaider, there should be better room inside. Very interested myself now. 

The big question for you now is of course, what colours?

Julian Swindell:
Thanks for your encouragement Claus. I thought of a Coaster when I bought my Winkle Brig, but I could not understand how they had managed to get so little accommodation into such a big boat. The Winkle Brig has remarkable accommodation for its size, but that is partly why it is, shall we say, a little staid and tubby.

I shall agonise over the colour, but even more so, what shall we name her?! That could take longer than building the boat.

Bill Wickett:
Hi Julian,

Congrats on taking this next step. Somebody had to get Matt working on the layout  :)

Will be interested in developments as the cabin design and layout gets worked out.

Now about the exchange rate from the UK Pound to the Canadian Dollar...

Tony:
Hi Julian.
Congratulations on ordering Baycruiser No. 1. I think it'll be a really good option - and if I could get away with it I'd order No.2.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version