Author Topic: Fortress Alloy anchor type FX7 FOR SALE - As New £90 + postage  (Read 2569 times)

Sea Simon

...I have ended up with two of these excellent anchors.
Ideal for Kedge/lunch hook - and of course racing/raiding duties!

"Size FX7. Weight: 1.9kg"   "suitable for boat size: below 8m"

£90 collected (near Fowey, Cornwall)
or I will pack and post at cost (guesstimate <£10)

This anchor is assembled, but is unused and is as-new.
This new one went to my main anchor, and I have so far this season only used my existing Fortress FX7 for lunch/beach duties. This anchor has stayed in the locker.
Reason for sale: I have now managed to get a good deal for a large Rocna to use as my main cruising anchor; I prefer to have two different kinds of anchor onboard.

The FX 7 is £140 + postage when new.
NOTE: Due the pandemic of the "light-fingered" hereabouts (and this item is both lightweight and shiny, as well as expensive!) I have neatly engraved my name on one side, and postcode on the other side of the stock, in letters about 8mm tall.

Sales guff - for those unaware...
Fortress weighs only half as much as heavier steel anchors and yet outperforms them all. The Fortress design does not depend upon weight to provide world class performance. All this adds up to the best value in anchoring safety and convenience.
Precision machined from an aluminium alloy that is as strong as steel but only half the weight, the Fortress is easy to manage, rustproof, sharper than heavy, dull edged steel and will set faster and penetrate deeper into common sea bottoms for incredible holding power.
Fortress Anchors come with a Lifetime Parts Replacement Warranty.
If an anchor part becomes bent or damaged, then please contact Fortress for an immediate replacement.
The Fortress is popular for 3 main reasons: they are stronger, faster and lighter than other anchors.

see https://jimmygreen.com/anchors/24-fortress-anchor

BRe # 52 - "Two Sisters"  2016. Plank sprit, conventional jib. Asym spinn. Coppercoat. Honda 5. SOLD Nov 2022....
...From Oct 22.
BC 26 #1001. "Two Sisters 2", 2013. Alloy spars, Bermudan Sloop; fixed twin spade rudders, Beta diesel saildrive. Lift keel with lead bulb. Coppercoat. Cornwall UK.

Sea Simon

Bump...
BRe # 52 - "Two Sisters"  2016. Plank sprit, conventional jib. Asym spinn. Coppercoat. Honda 5. SOLD Nov 2022....
...From Oct 22.
BC 26 #1001. "Two Sisters 2", 2013. Alloy spars, Bermudan Sloop; fixed twin spade rudders, Beta diesel saildrive. Lift keel with lead bulb. Coppercoat. Cornwall UK.

Ged

Hi
I'm interested, I've sent you a pm.

Cheers

Ged
Ged
Storm 17 'Peewit'

Sea Simon

Hi
I'm interested, I've sent you a pm.
Cheers
Ged

Thanks.
Have just pm'd you
...From Oct 22.

Sea Simon

Re: Fortress Alloy anchor type FX7 - SOLD SOLD SOLD
« Reply #4 on: 01 Jul 2021, 19:30 »
Thanks Ged.
...From Oct 22.

Sea Simon

Re: Fortress Alloy anchor type FX7 SOLD SOLD SOLD
« Reply #5 on: 19 Jul 2021, 10:29 »
SOLD
...From Oct 22.