Author Topic: Citius, Altius, Fortius!  (Read 26215 times)

Craic

Re: Citius, Altius, Fortius!
« Reply #15 on: 28 Jan 2010, 13:32 »
We'll tow our SeaRaider to Venice for the Velalonga and Velalonga Raid, beginning of June. Can't wait.

Tony

« Reply #16 on: 28 Jan 2010, 15:32 »
Hi, Claus.
I cant make Venice this year. Its slap bang between Milford (Sea Fair) Haven and our annual migration to Paxos. I would have to pursuade Anita to fly out to Greece to meet me. Possible, but not likely....and then think of the expense! Two months sleeping on the Four Sisters to save the cost of a hotel... Hmmm..Sounds like Im making too many excuses, here. It is still possible to live very cheaply in Greece as the attached pic shows. Yes, it is very like a goat hut! They move em out for us in August. Contrast with the rather nice spot the boat gets to live in. Priorities, innit.

Ron Dierolf

« Reply #17 on: 03 Feb 2010, 23:33 »
Nice pictures of the mountains!  We trailered our BayRaider to Florida Keys from Kentucky (USA), about 1200 miles (yes, we are still stuck in the dark ages of non-metric measurements).  The elevation went from about 280 ft at home to about 1 ft in Florida with a maximum height in between of maybe 500 ft. so the trip might qualify as the lowest, if not the farthest trailer trip.  The pictures are of the boat on the Gulf of Mexico.  Air temperature about 80 degrees F, water temperature about 75 degrees F.  Beats the snow and ice at home.

Ron Dierolf

Craic

« Reply #18 on: 04 Feb 2010, 06:12 »
Welcome Ron,

that photo would do very well in the 'most relaxed' category. I also like your local friend on his pole position. Actually, we could start an entirely new category here, 'Swallow Boats and Wildlife' or so.

Happy trailer sailing!

Tony

« Reply #19 on: 08 Feb 2010, 01:41 »
Hi, Ron, Claus.

Hmmm. Seem to have missed out the boat.
Paxos. Evening swim with dolphins ...er also out of shot. (See that tiny splash just left of middle?)
Still, Imanaged to get Anita in. Bet her eyes are closed, though. They usually are when I try to take her photo.

Tony

« Reply #20 on: 08 Feb 2010, 01:45 »
Ooops! Wrong picture.
 This is the one I meant to post!