Author Topic: BC 23 For Sale  (Read 2823 times)

Sandpiper

BC 23 For Sale
« on: 29 Sep 2021, 12:39 »
We are thinking, probably, of selling our BC 23 Sandpiper, currently at Northney, Chichester Harbour. Still love Sandpiper but looking for something slightly bigger/family friendly eg BC26 or Crabber 26. Doing sums now so gauging interest in sale.  Do get in touch if interested.

Johnd

Re: BC 23 For Sale
« Reply #1 on: 29 Sep 2021, 14:59 »
I would be very interested in viewing Sandpiper. Please get in touch once you have done your sums.
Thank you, John

Sandpiper

« Reply #2 on: 30 Sep 2021, 17:17 »
So here is some more detail on Sandpiper:
She was launched spring 2016 and we bought her from Swallow brokerage at the end of 2017 since when she has been kept at Northney Marina in Chichester Harbour. we have used her moderately over that period, almost all within the harbour. She comes with trailer and the following main 'extras':
Performance pack (spreader rig oval boom, traveller, Dyneema halyards)
Copper antifouling
She has the usual Garmin plotter with depth and a VHF with GPS,
Battery charged by solar panels.
She has a 6hp Yamaha outboard
There are a few other obvious bits and pieces
I think the spec is fairly standard from what I have seen from other BC 23's though note she doesn't have a bowsprit & Spinnaker.

Condition? Decent in that she hasn't been used very intensively and has spent winter on her trailer under a complete cover. I need to give her a decent clean and she needs jetwashing as she is pretty 'weedy' by this time of the year. She needs  a new spray hood since while its perfectly functional for the time being the boom has rubbed through the fabric on top and it looks a bit tatty which is a shame. Thats pretty much all. I can probably be around at some point over the weekend 9th/10th for a viewing or even this Saturday afternoon, though the weather looks terrible.

Michael Simpson

« Reply #3 on: 03 Oct 2021, 05:24 »
Sandpiper looks great and I would also be very interested in buying her if you decide to sell. 

I own a BRE (on Beaulieu River) which I love but I would like a little more space down below.

Please keep me posted on your plans on the forum or via my email at mresimpson@gmail.com.

Regards

Michael Simpson

MarkDarley

« Reply #4 on: 04 Oct 2021, 20:37 »
Sandpiper, Did you get my message?
Mark "Pippin"
Mark Darley,
Wooden Swallow Bayraider 20 "Pippin" and Baycruiser 23, “Foxwhelp” in UK
GRP Swallow Bayraider 20 "Kelpie" in Northern California. Yes, I am a bit of a Swallow believer!

Michael Simpson

« Reply #5 on: 05 Oct 2021, 07:01 »
Are you still planning to show Sandpiper this coming weekend?  I could be free anytime on the 10th October. Will you send details by email or post on the forum?

Michael Simpson

« Reply #6 on: 08 Oct 2021, 08:56 »
Hi Sandpiper,

Do let me know if you are still thinking of selling......I could be free this Sunday anytime after 12 noon.   Very keen to see her as I am looking to upgrade my BRE to get a little more space.  Drop me an email with more details at mresimpson@gmail.com.

Regards

Michael

Antonia

« Reply #7 on: 08 Oct 2021, 20:54 »
Hi there.  I am looking for a BC23 as I am selling my Hanse 315 and downsizing.  The opposite to you!  I happen to be coming into Northney on October 18th for a survey in the hope that all will go well and the sale will be completed this month.  I have a mooring at Thorney Island.
I saw the BC23 at the boatshow and was really taken with her but need to go out for a sail to see how she handles.  What year is your boat and how much are you selling her for?
Would be great to hear from you.
Many thanks
Antonia

Sandpiper

« Reply #8 on: 08 Oct 2021, 22:53 »
Dear  all, my apologies I have been a bit useless in updating on this  - it has been a busy week,
Yes I am definitely selling Sandpiper. I have someone (John) viewing her at Northney tomorrow (9th) so I’ll be down there if anyone else would like to look her over.  Michael, I could potentially come down on Sunday as well depending how Saturday goes though in an ideal world I’d prefer not to make another trip.  A couple of you asked about price and I am thinking mid £30s. Antonia, sadly I am working on the 18th otherwise could have met you there.
Other questions do call me on 07551 292263 . Thank you all for your interest!
Simon

Sandpiper

« Reply #9 on: 08 Oct 2021, 22:58 »
MarkDarley, sorry I didn’t get your message? Maybe my mistake….

Sandpiper

« Reply #10 on: 09 Oct 2021, 19:44 »
Update on Sandpiper: she was viewed today and the potential buyer was sufficiently interested that we agreed right of first refusal until end of Wednesday. Given that and the fact that my wife has booked various things in for Sunday/tomorrow I don’t think a viewing then is a good idea, though if someone is super keen and it’s the only time you can make then I could be down at Northney 0930 ish. Should be possible for me to arrange viewings next weekend, 16/17 or perhaps the Friday before, if she hasn’t sold by then. Happy to do a trial sail circumstances permitting. Thank you all for your interest.

Sandpiper

« Reply #11 on: 15 Oct 2021, 10:20 »
Dear all, Sandpiper is now sold. Thank you for all your interest and questions.
Simon Hallett