Author Topic: 2014 Swallow Baycruiser 20 on boats n outboards EAnglia Yacht brokers £21500  (Read 2105 times)

Sea Simon

Popped up n boats and outboards a few days ago... I'd not noticed it on here?

fyi only, i have no personal interest in this sale.
Interesting "project"?

OUR REF. † AYB00912 GENERAL She is built to a very high standard by Swallow Boats (Swallow Yachts) and weighs just over 450KG due to her clever construction, carbon fibre mast and being able to carry 380KG of water ballast! She can be trailed easily by a medium sized car on an un-braked trailer and is easily rigged due to her lightweight carbon-fibre masts! She makes the ideal cabin trailer sailor with sleeping accommodation for two/three in the cabin and another two in the cockpit! She was originally built with a Chinese Junk rig. We have removed this and have bought from Swallow Yachts new Bermudan Carbon Fibre Masts, spruce booms, sails, tabernacle, chain plates etc. She needs all of this fitting and now we have run out of time with our other refits/builds! So she is being offered as an project before the season starts at a bargain price! BUILDER Swallow Boats 2014 Number TBA SPECIFICATION Dark blue/cream plywood/epoxy composite with copper coat below the waterline Sikkens coated hardwood trim. Red velour upholstery. LOA 6.17M Beam 2.32M Draft .25M" – 1.2M’ Centreplate Weight 451kg Water Ballast 380kg RIGGING Bermudan Yawl. New carbon fibre masts with sitka spruce booms SAILS Main New by Hyde Sails with slab reefing in off white. Jib New by Hyde Sails in off white. Mizzen New by Hyde sails in off white. ENGINE Mariner single-cylinder 5HP 2-stroke outboard. EQUIPMENT Fortress anchor with chain and warp, Bilge pump, S/steel Boarding ladder, Blue acrylic spray-hood, Fenders and Warps, TRAILER CLH un-braked galvanised Easy-launch road trailer with spare wheel. LYING Our offices at Rougham by appointment.
BRe # 52 - "Two Sisters"  2016. Plank sprit, conventional jib. Asym spinn. Coppercoat. Honda 5. SOLD Nov 2022....
...From Oct 22.
BC 26 #1001. "Two Sisters 2", 2013. Alloy spars, Bermudan Sloop; fixed twin spade rudders, Beta diesel saildrive. Lift keel with lead bulb. Coppercoat. Cornwall UK.

Aurigacap

Indeed....and I can announce, humbly, that I have just had an offer accepted, to avoid (the many) seekers of this rare bird wasting their time pursuing it.
As the ad says, it needs the yawl rig which is supplied in bits to replace the junk rig installed by its first owner, the late Robin Blain. But hey, what is a vessel, but a dreamlike hole in the ocean awaiting...buckets of cash, the scent of epoxy, skinned knuckles and cuss words? And that's before the sailing.
More anon...once I have worked out precisely what I have paid to let myself in for (sic).

Sea Simon

Welcome!

Looking forward to hearing of your adventures, both pre and post launch!
BRe # 52 - "Two Sisters"  2016. Plank sprit, conventional jib. Asym spinn. Coppercoat. Honda 5. SOLD Nov 2022....
...From Oct 22.
BC 26 #1001. "Two Sisters 2", 2013. Alloy spars, Bermudan Sloop; fixed twin spade rudders, Beta diesel saildrive. Lift keel with lead bulb. Coppercoat. Cornwall UK.