Swallow Yachts Forum > Technical

One bilge pump solution for the BR20

<< < (3/3)

RogerLennard:
I did fit an electric bilge pump in a mate's boat (An 18ft trailer sailer). He wanted a permanent fixture so I made a base plate from a piece of iroko with a circle cut out for the pump. The base plate was epoxied to stop it from rotting and attached to the hull with sealant (I never make holes in perfectly serviceable boats unless absolutely necessary). The bilge pump was held in place by cable ties.

Sea Simon:
From the time I re-bedded my BRe Anderson bailers, I recall solid grp, no wood core. Perhaps 10mm thick, as appeared to be routed out at factory to fit bailer,  but probably thinner?

To secure things to sump bottom face, I'd epoxy/CTC some plastic cable tie bases to the hull, then tie whatever to these.
Don't rely on the self adhesive, it doesn't last.

RogerLs method sounds good?

TheOldDuffer:
I have a bilge pump which I intend to have switched in the locker and be dropped into the ballast tank. I'd like a right-angled bend before the tubing, but can't seem to find the right size fitting (29mm). The pump is small so maybe the tube can bend enough without the fitting.

Of course, at the end of last season, I thought I'd have plenty of time, but since the start of the new year it's been either very cold or very wet and often both, so I hope to get my skates on before the start of the sailing season!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version