Swallow Yachts Forum > Sailing and Events

Sailing Next Week? (May 11th - May 18th 2010)

(1/2) > >>

Simon Knight:
I have been granted a pink chit from the 11th of May (2010) and plan to launch my BR for the first time (please don't ask why its taken so long).

As I have to drive to the wet stuff I can go almost any where in the UK and would be interested in meeting and /or sailing in the company of other Swallow Boat owners.

best wishes

Simon
BayRaider Carpe Diem

Julian Swindell:
I hope to be sailing sometime over the weekend May 15-16 in Poole Harbour. If the weather is OK I'll probably launch Friday evening and be on the water all day Saturday. It would be fun to see you at Poole. You can launch from the Baiter public slipway which is near Poole Quay and they have lots of parking for cars and trailers. Its also very close to where I am moored. BUt only if it is sunny!

Richard Cooper:
Simon

Likewise, weather permitting we shall be out in Poole on weekend of 15th/16th, (exact day depending on Rugby semi finals). Any time between about 10 and 4 there will be plenty of water at Baiter and not too strong tides, probably suiting a trip up the harbour or round the islands rather than out to Studland.

Lets hope the weather will be better than this weekends forecast and last weekend, the planned camping trip to Wareham is definitely cancelled this weekend!

Richard Cooper,

Storm 17, Little Grebe

Julian Swindell:
Has anyone any idea how many Swallowboats there at or near Poole? I have met Little Grebe on only my second trip out. I hope there will be another BayCruiser later this summer. Are there any others?

Peter Ivermee:
I might be sailing across from Christchurch, may or may not make it into the harbour; where do you plan to sail to?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version