Author Topic: BayRaider Expedition for Sale *SOLD*  (Read 2783 times)

Helen and Chris

BayRaider Expedition for Sale *SOLD*
« on: 04 Nov 2022, 20:07 »
‘Skylark’ BayRaider Expedition no 15 is for sale…

A stunning looking BRe, chosen by Swallow Yachts for the front cover of the Bay Raider Expedition brochure, Skylark is the only one of the first 50 boats to have been factory modified to the updated rudder system.

The perfect boat for raiding, Skylark always performs well and comes with an asymmetric spinnaker, 2 piece carbon fibre Xcell oars, Concept 2 oar gates and a custom made adjustable rowing foot board. There are toe straps fitted and there is an extendable Spinlock tiller extension.

For ease of handling, a second winch on the coach roof was specified from new for the main halyard, and the reefing lines were led back to the cockpit. The Mark 2 jib is fitted with a brand new Ronstan roller furler. 

A solar panel maintains the onboard battery which powers an echo sounder, cabin lights and three 12 volt sockets.  The cabin comes complete with cushions; there are internal and external canvas storage pockets and the cockpit seats are finished with permateak.  The outboard engine is a Mariner 6HP which is fitted with a 12 litre external fuel tank, and a portable, submersible 12 volt pump makes easy work of removing the water ballast.

Always stored under a cover on its braked trailer and only used for 1 or 2 weeks a year, Skylark is in excellent condition and has been beautifully maintained. Currently located near Inverness, the boat can be brought down south if required.

After many happy years sailing Skylark, she is only for sale now as we are moving up to a BC23. If you would like any further information please PM me…

£27,000 ono

Thanks,
Helen

Matthew P

Re: BayRaider Expedition for Sale
« Reply #1 on: 07 Nov 2022, 15:28 »
Skylark is a pretty and well maintained boat.

Matthew
BR17 Tarika
"Hilda", CLC Northeast[er], home build, epoxy ply, balanced lug
Previously "Tarika", BR17, yard built, epoxy-ply, gunter rigged
and "Gladys" BR20, GRP, gunter

Graham W

• Global Moderator
  • Demigod
« Reply #2 on: 07 Nov 2022, 16:24 »
It makes Turaco look positively grubby.
Graham
Gunter-rigged GRP BR20 #59 Turaco III

tamcollins

« Reply #3 on: 13 Nov 2022, 18:09 »
Hi I am interested! Please email me at tamcollins@live.co.uk whereabouts are you? I am at Falmouth in Cornwall

Helen and Chris

« Reply #4 on: 14 Nov 2022, 17:59 »
Hi Tam,

Thanks for your interest.  Skylark lives on its trailer in our garden to the east of Inverness.
Please feel free to pm me if you want any more information.

Helen