Author Topic: More Mods and Advice Needed  (Read 10884 times)

Ron Dierolf

More Mods and Advice Needed
« on: 09 Aug 2010, 19:12 »
First off, I would still like to see some pictures from Mr. Cockerton on his installation of a supplemental forestay for the BayRaider.  I learn visually rather than by reading and a few pictures would be great!

Secondly, I am considering moving the mainsheet attachment point to the aft deck to get it out of the way of my feet and neck.  Clumsy as I am I routinely hung up on it.  I notice that the BayCruiser has this arrangement.  Has anyone tried it?  Advice.

Thirdly, I am also having trouble with the bailers on the water ballast tank.  I like the idea of draining into the cockpit well.  My problem is that I am a coward when it comes to cutting holes in my hull.  Does anyone have any advice for removing and plugging the existing forward bailers and installing the new one in the cockpit well?  I have found it convenient to open the aft access hatch to the ballast tank and the large drain opening in the motor support bulkhead when preparing to put the boat on the trailer but I'd like to be able to empty the ballast on the run.

Ron Dierolf
USA

Peter Cockerton

Re: More Mods and Advice Needed
« Reply #1 on: 20 Aug 2010, 13:10 »
Ron

Pictures taken now and uploaded to the original posting,trust they give you what you need. Peter Cockerton
Bayraider 20 mk2
Larger jib set on bowsprit with AeroLuff spar
USA rig
Carbon Fibre main boom with sail stack pack
Epropulsion Spirit Plus Outboard