Author Topic: Interest in Bayraider at Rutland Water  (Read 18368 times)

Matthew P

Re: Interest in Bayraider at Rutland Water
« Reply #15 on: 23 Mar 2012, 17:44 »
Peter

Thanks for offering to include me in the Rutland group. I am only an occasional visitor to Rutland so please do not consider me a regular, but I would appreciate access to your calendar.

Your calendar for Rutland users is just the sort of facility I hope for from the forum or its successor so I am grateful to Jonathon for voluntarily setting up the new site.

Matthew
"Hilda", CLC Northeast[er], home build, epoxy ply, balanced lug
Previously "Tarika", BR17, yard built, epoxy-ply, gunter rigged
and "Gladys" BR20, GRP, gunter

Peter Cockerton

« Reply #16 on: 23 Mar 2012, 22:38 »
Mathew
Youre most welcome to join in the calender for Rutland, and if anyone else wants access please email me at peter@b-c-s.it and i will send you the details.
First get together is tomorow where i'm meeting Andy Dingle.

Peter
Bayraider 20 mk2
Larger jib set on bowsprit with AeroLuff spar
USA rig
Carbon Fibre main boom with sail stack pack
Epropulsion Spirit Plus Outboard

Andy Dingle

« Reply #17 on: 04 Apr 2012, 22:48 »
Have attached some pictures of the inaugural meeting of the Swallow Boats Assn (Sub Section) Rutland splinter group, held at Rutland on 24th March.

A perfect spring day. Peter Cockertons Joybells enjoying a drift sail just before the F4 wind kicked in (slight exageration perhaps!), all that could be heard was the tinkle of ice cubes in Peters glass as he poured himself his second G and T...

Hope to see more Swallow Boaters there soon ... We're talking of this Friday ..?

Andy

BR 12 Psalter

Alan Burt

« Reply #18 on: 11 Apr 2012, 18:32 »
Hi Peter, Simon etc.

I have sailed my Storm 15 at Rutland Water for the last 4 years and keep her at the Anglian Water Whitwell site. As I live in Oakham, Rutland it is only 5 minutes from home to the boat, so no need to take it elsewhere.
If any of you would like to meet up to get out on the water at the same time, I would be very interested.
However, I work abroad and am only home for a few weeks here and there, so cannot guarantee I'll be around.
My email address is: alanrburt@hotmail.com if you would like to add me to your list. I would certainly be interested in seeing your boats as I am thinking of selling my Storm 15 and getting something a little larger like the Bayraider.

Alan

Peter Cockerton

« Reply #19 on: 13 Apr 2012, 13:20 »
Hi Peter, Simon etc.

I have sailed my Storm 15 at Rutland Water for the last 4 years and keep her at the Anglian Water Whitwell site. As I live in Oakham, Rutland it is only 5 minutes from home to the boat, so no need to take it elsewhere.
If any of you would like to meet up to get out on the water at the same time, I would be very interested.
However, I work abroad and am only home for a few weeks here and there, so cannot guarantee I'll be around.
My email address is: alanrburt@hotmail.com if you would like to add me to your list. I would certainly be interested in seeing your boats as I am thinking of selling my Storm 15 and getting something a little larger like the Bayraider.

Alan

Alan

Not sure if the calender within hotmail will work with this but i will add your email address to the list of shared users. If you had a google gmail account when i add your gmail address to the shared calender you would recieve a notification from me within your calender page that you now have access to the swallowboatsatrutland calender. This goes for anyone else who wants to see the shared calender, just let me know your gmail email address and i will add it to the list. Let me know how you get on with hotmail to update this note.

Peter
Bayraider 20 mk2
USA rig

Alan Burt

« Reply #20 on: 15 Apr 2012, 21:21 »
Peter

Thanks for your reply and including me in the group. I am having trouble setting up a gmail account to access the calendar, but will be back in the UK in a couple of weeks or so, so will try and sort it out when I can get decent internet access. I hope to be out on the water early May, so if you see a lug rigged geen and white Storm 15 it may well be me.

Alan

steve jones

« Reply #21 on: 03 May 2012, 18:26 »
Hello all Rutland water users, I have just finished ( not quite all the painting) my BR17.

I hope to do a couple of day trials then go for a longer test prior to SEAFAIR. I thought that Rutland would be an ideal a non tidal, camping by the lake venue. I have sailed there years ago .

What are the camping arrangements nowadays? Do I need to join the sailing club?

I hope to get there the week starting the 23rd May.

Steve Jones

Nona Me

Peter Cockerton

« Reply #22 on: 03 May 2012, 20:35 »
Hi Steve

Can't help you on the camping info as never enquired myself, me and Andy Dingle normally meet up and day sail. Andy takes his Bayraider home and i leave mine at Rutland. It would be good to meet up, i would certainly like to have a look at your 17 you must be very proud to have completed the build i know i would. I have some of the skills i guess required but patience and attention to detail to do a good job i'm afraid would be lacking i would be too keen to get her on the water.

If you ring Whitwell centre on 01780 460154 they may be able to help. The sailinmg club on the South shore have accomodation blocks i think adjoined to the club. Several caravan and camping sites are also quite close the water as well.

Peter
Bayraider 20 mk2
USA rig

steve jones

« Reply #23 on: 04 May 2012, 20:02 »
Hi Peter,

Thanks for the information,  the sailing centre is closed, for camping during the week so I will go to  lake Bala or Plymouth or Falmouth or Milford Haven !

If ever I get over to the East I will certainly get in touch though.

Thanks again,

Steve