Poll

For how many days did you use your boat in 2023?

0 days
1 (5.3%)
1-5 days
1 (5.3%)
6-15 days
4 (21.1%)
16-30 days
8 (42.1%)
More than 30 days
5 (26.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closes: 17 May 2024, 18:41

Author Topic: Poll: boat use  (Read 778 times)

Graham W

• Global Moderator
  • Demigod
Poll: boat use
« on: 17 Apr 2024, 18:41 »
If you look at the swisher marinas, some of the average white boats there hardly go out at all.  They are sometimes used as an immobile platform for sipping G&T’s but that’s about it.

I suspect that owners of smaller boats like ours see more use, especially if they are trailered to raids and new sailing areas.  This poll, which will stay open for a month, may prove that point.

You need to log in to the forum on the second line from the top (not the website top right) in order to cast your vote.
Graham
Gunter-rigged GRP BR20 #59 Turaco III

frwright

Re: Poll: boat use
« Reply #1 on: 19 Apr 2024, 18:34 »
I'm an admirer of the Bay Raiders, but the cost remains out of my league.  I'm a US sailor sailing a 19ft Mariner sloop that normally sits on a lift over the water.  I have a trailer, and have trailered to other waters for 2-5 days.

Last year, I lost the Spring and early Summer to motor troubles - I couldn't get my Honda 5hp to start anymore.  Bit the bullet, and bought an Epropulsion Spirit.  Which I had done that a LOT sooner.  I actually enjoy motoring now, almost as much as I do sailing.  Gliding silently around back creeks is rather special.

Came down with poly mylagic rheumatica in October which ruined fall and winter sailing for me.  With the weakness and lack of mobility under control now, hope to get in a lot more sailing in 2024.

Fred W
Stuart Mariner 19 #4133  Sweet P
Yeopim Creek, Albemarle Sound, North Carolina