Author Topic: Bayraider 17  (Read 16735 times)

Terry Cross

Bayraider 17
« on: 27 Aug 2010, 13:47 »
Bayraider 17 is featured in Waterworld Sept-Oct issue
 VERY INTERESTING!

Paul Cross

Re: Bayraider 17
« Reply #1 on: 27 Aug 2010, 16:12 »
Dad

You mean Watercraft magazine.

Should I expect Ebay to be flooded with the contents of my old family home in a frenzied attempt to raise funds?

P

Julian Swindell

« Reply #2 on: 28 Aug 2010, 15:38 »
I saw the BayRaider 17 at the English Raid. I think it is a wonderful boat. Perfect for just having fun in. It must have the maximum internal space for the length, plus all the advantages of water ballast and a lightweight rig.
Julian Swindell
BayCruiser 20 Daisy Grace
http://jegsboat.wordpress.com/
Guillemot building blog
https://jegsguillemot.wordpress.com/

Clint Chase

« Reply #3 on: 06 Oct 2010, 05:54 »
Are there any issues with water coming in through the tiller cutout in transom? If it did, does it drain out?

Cheers,
Clint

Craic

« Reply #4 on: 06 Oct 2010, 06:12 »
Are there any issues with water coming in through the tiller cutout in transom? If it did, does it drain out?

Hi Clint.
No issue there. The tiller cutout is in the rear wall of the outboarder well. Any splash coming in there instantly drains out through the well bottom closing lamellae. On the bigger BayRaider the only occasion splashes ever came in through the tiller cutout was when the boat lay beached with the transom facing some surf. Never a splash in during normal sailing, not even with a steep sea following.

P.S.
BTW, all BayRaiders have a fully self draining cockpit anyway. Any water getting in the cockpit -under way or at anchor- collects in the sump at the rear end of the cockpit and drains out automatically.

Christian Vestergaard

« Reply #5 on: 13 Oct 2010, 19:03 »
Bayraider 17 is featured in Waterworld Sept-Oct issue
 VERY INTERESTING!

Ahem. Any news?
Will it be featured on this site??

Matt Newland

« Reply #6 on: 26 Oct 2010, 20:53 »
Dear Christian and others,
Sorry about the lack of information on the BR17. We have actually nearly finished boat number 3 in our workshops and just starting number 4...
One of the reasons I have not put her on our website yet is because we wanted to be sure our labour costs were accurate on the build time, before potentially taking lots of orders.
The other (probably the real reason) is lack of time. Some things are important but not urgent. I will try to post something soon. Keep hassling me...
Best wishes,
Matt

Clem Freeman

« Reply #7 on: 01 Dec 2010, 09:26 »
Any news on when a kit is likely to be available and cost? I'm trying to decide whether to put an order in for a Storm 17 kit before the VAT rise or wait and go for the BayRaider.

Anthony Huggett

« Reply #8 on: 02 Dec 2010, 12:51 »
Hi Clem,
      For the latest situation on the BR17 your best bet is to give Matt a call.

Anthony