Author Topic: I've got it!  (Read 10882 times)

Clem Freeman

I've got it!
« on: 01 Apr 2011, 13:05 »
Picked up the S17 kit yesterday, got home safely after a six and half hour drive. Good to meet Matt and his team. Just got to build it now.

Michael Rogers

Re: I've got it!
« Reply #1 on: 01 Apr 2011, 23:56 »
You got there a few hours before I arrived to pick up my T12 kit, Clem. Isn't Cardigan a long way away! I drove from Bristol to Swallow Boats (4 hours) then home to Knutsford, Cheshire (4 1/2 hours) - a long day. Needless to say, well worth it.

Have a good build. I have extra new (to me) duties as a stable boy to fit in as well - my wife is in the process of acquiring a horse (she a gee-gee, me a new boat kit, which is perfectly fair). Ah! the joys of retirement.

(SP Cadenza: and a Trouper 12 by next season, equine duties permitting)

Clem Freeman

Re: I've got it!
« Reply #2 on: 02 Apr 2011, 16:02 »
It certainly is a long way. You get to Cardiff and its still a couple of hours. I did stay for a couple of days so didn't have to do the journey there and back in one day. I don't think I was to popular as your kit was on top of mine so had to be moved first. Would have liked to have had a better look around the boats being built but had a long journey home and wanted to beat rush hour on the M25. Hope you have a good build and you'll soon learn to love the joys of horse ownership, my wife has always had horses and I get to muck out now I'm retired as well. Hopefully I'll be able to get out of it once the S17 is built as I'm sure I'll need to disappear to catch the tide.