Swallow Yachts Forum > Sailing and Events

English Raid 2011

(1/2) > >>

Julian Swindell:
How many are going to the 2nd English RAID in the Solent this summer? Slightly more extensive than last year's. I twill be going west as far as Bembridge and Chichester Harbour and including Lymington and the River Hamble. I am planning to sail over again from Poole

Details here:
http://www.raidengland.org/

Michael Rogers:
Hi Julian

I had hoped to join in this year (nostalgic sailing waters apart from anything). Unfortunately, I have had to have some of my innards removed (fortunately an amount I can spare). This having happened last week, and although I am making a brisk recovery so far, I have to accept that the end of July is a bit early for me to go a-raiding this year.

EXTREMELY tiresome, I may say. Puts paid to a biggish chunk of this season, AND sets back my boat-building programme. Uuarghhh! (Apologies if I haven't got the spelling right)

I very much hope that a successful event this year will lead to a third Raid next year, by which time I hope to have my junk-rigged Trouper 12 in action.

Here's to a golden, extended autumn, and meanwhile - good sailing, one and all.

SP Cadenza

Julian Swindell:
I think the plans for next year are to hold a RAID in the Essex/Suffolk rivers. Should be fun and very different form the Solent.

Sorry to hear about your innards.

Michael Rogers:
That would be great. I learned to sail out of Brightlingsea in the late 1940s, know the Orwell and Stour a bit, and - having grown up with Arthur Ransome - would love to sail 'Secret Water'. Bring it on! - definitely something to look forward to.

SP Cadenza

Clem Freeman:
A raid in Essex/Suffolk would be great for me as I live near to the Crouch/Roach (Canewdon). Should have the S17 complete by then (hopefully before the end of this season).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version