Author Topic: Battery power and position  (Read 17356 times)

Colin Lawson

Re: Battery power and position
« Reply #15 on: 29 Jan 2012, 16:00 »
Colin - and any one else who may be interested.

Re your query on the Garmin 555s SD card and its associated software issues.

Thanks Andy, that's very useful. As I already have an SD card reader on my external hard drive your info means I can avoid buying a spare cable.

Colin
Colin 
BR20 'Spray' based Mylor, Falmouth

Graham W

• Global Moderator
  • Demigod
« Reply #16 on: 29 Jan 2012, 17:39 »
I stumbled on this product from Garmin, which seems to allow route and waypoint planning on the computer, for transfer back to the GPS.  And it is available for Apple!  http://www.force4.co.uk/7524/Garmin-Homeport-Marine-Planning-Software.html
Graham
Gunter-rigged GRP BR20 #59 Turaco III

Colin Morley

« Reply #17 on: 24 Mar 2012, 20:23 »
Thank you all for your comments on this. I thought you might like some feed back on what I have done.
I have fitted a NP18-12B Yuasa 12v 17.2Ah Lead Acid Battery in the same position as the original battery, in front of the centreboard case. I made a box out of marine ply about half the height of the battery and screwed this on top of the wooden pieces in place for the small battery.
I also fitted a CTEK comfort connector. This does two things. It allows me to plug in my CTEK charger without taking the battery out of the boat. It also has three LEDS- green amber and red to show how much charge is still in the battery. I have fixed this with Velcro on the top of the forward end of centreboard case.
I can supply pictures of this if any one is interested.
Colin
BR James Caird