Author Topic: New (second hand) Bayraider 20  (Read 9246 times)

Colin Lawson

New (second hand) Bayraider 20
« on: 27 Jan 2012, 20:50 »
Hi everyone, this is just to let you know that, after many years of lurking in these forums, I have finally taken the plunge and bought myself a (used) BayRaider 20.

I have spent ten years saving for my retirement boat but never quite got to the full price of a new one and so the recent opportunity to buy a second hand BayRaider at a good price could not be missed.  I plan on making some of the modifications mentioned in these forums and so will probably not launch the boat until March (probably Poole Harbour to start with). 

However, I would like to provide my first feedback to those readers who may be interested, which is that my BayRaider passed her first test with flying colours. i.e. I towed her almost 200 miles from the sellers address back to my home in Salisbury behind my little 1.6L Petrol VW Golf with no trouble at all. The only problem was to keep reminding myself that there was 23ft of boat plus trailer behind me when overtaking on the motorway.

Hope that helps to reassure any prospective buyers worried about towing.

I look forward to meeting other BayRaiders on the water this summer,

Colin Lawson (Salisbury)
Colin 
BR20 'Spray' based Mylor, Falmouth

Julian Swindell

Re: New (second hand) Bayraider 20
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jan 2012, 22:55 »
Comgratulations on your new boat Colin, you will love it. I hope you are happy to associate with Baycruisers as well, especially if you are out on Poole Harbour!
Julian Swindell
BayCruiser 20 Daisy Grace
http://jegsboat.wordpress.com/
Guillemot building blog
https://jegsguillemot.wordpress.com/

Graham W

• Global Moderator
  • Demigod
Re: New (second hand) Bayraider 20
« Reply #2 on: 27 Jan 2012, 23:08 »
Colin

Congratulations!