Author Topic: Forum Upgrade and Move  (Read 8649 times)

Jonathan Stuart

• Administrator
Forum Upgrade and Move
« on: 05 Jun 2012, 23:43 »
All,

Matt tells me that the new SB website should be ready in the near future so he is keen for this forum to move to its new home. The work to move the forum is almost complete and just a little more testing is required. Assuming everything is working then I will move and upgrade the forum later this week.

When the forum is being moved the "Forum" link on the SB web site will point to a holding page advising that this is happening. When the move is complete the "Forum" link will be updated again to point to the moved forum.

The forum *should* be unavailable for just a couple of hours during this move. After the move all user accounts, passwords and topics, etc, should be remain unchanged so you can continue to use the forum as normal.

Fingers crossed that everything happens as I described it above!

Jonathan
Jonathan

Ex - BayCruiser 26 #11 "Bagpuss"
Ex - BayRaider Expedition #3 "Mallory"

Andy Dingle

Re: Forum Upgrade and Move
« Reply #1 on: 06 Jun 2012, 04:32 »
Stirling stuff Jonathon. May I be the first to say thank you for all the work you have put in. Every confidence the transfer will be fine!

Looking forward to seeing the new SwallowBoats website now!

Regards

Andy

BR12 Psalter

Clem Freeman

« Reply #2 on: 06 Jun 2012, 10:13 »
Can only echo what Andy has said. My offer of being a moderator stands if required.

Clem

Jonathan Stuart

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 06 Jun 2012, 21:03 »
Thanks Clem, will definitely take you up on that. Let's pick this up once the forum has been moved and I can then set you up as a moderator on the new site.
Jonathan

Ex - BayCruiser 26 #11 "Bagpuss"
Ex - BayRaider Expedition #3 "Mallory"