Author Topic: New Swallow Boats web site  (Read 8282 times)

Jonathan Stuart

• Administrator
New Swallow Boats web site
« on: 13 Sep 2012, 12:22 »
In case you haven't seen it, Swallow Boats launched their new web site yesterday. The address is unchanged - http://www.swallowboats.com (or .co.uk).
Jonathan

Ex - BayCruiser 26 #11 "Bagpuss"
Ex - BayRaider Expedition #3 "Mallory"

Tony

Re: New Swallow Boats web site
« Reply #1 on: 13 Sep 2012, 15:17 »
A classier production, but I see they've ditched the less popular boats. No mention of the CBL or Winsome, etc.
The right thing to do, I should think, to concentrate attention on the newer and more commercial models ......  not every brilliant design is popular and the Forum can cater for  minority tastes.
I trust Matt - and Charlotte, with her Sales and Marketing role - will keep a close eye on and continue to be actively involved with this Forum, too.  Plenty of experience here for developmental  feedback  and no one is short of an opinion or three, as you may have noticed.  It’s also an ideal place for Matt to sound out the interest that new concepts (like the BR 20Ex, sailing canoes, rig options, etc ) and “one-offs”   might generate.   Yes, the existing boats may need a few glitches ironing out (according to some) before they are a mature product  but it would be a shame if Swallow Boats did not maintain their  reputation for innovative design - not that I think that Matt would ever let that happen.  All down to the punters, really.  SOMEONE had to take a risk and put up the cash for the first BayRaider (...he knows who he is...) and I’m sure that lurking somewhere in Matts mind is the idea for an even better boat.
Onward and upward!